Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery REVIEW


Here comes the "Motion Picture Buff's" first review in the "Austin Powers" series, "Austin Powers International Man of Mystery." In this film a 1960's hippie super spy is frozen to be there when Dr. Evil returns. When Dr. Evil returns Austin Powers is awoken and he must adjust to the new lifestyle, try and defeat Dr. Evil, along with getting the girl.

Well negatives shall we start with? Well yes this movie is hilarious but its that stupid kind of funny. I mean more on this later, but the only negative is that it is just the dumb funny.

In this film though the dumb funny works too. So the positives right? Yes the dumb funny can be annoying but in all reality the dumb funny is also HILARIOUS. In this film it just works. I like how they make fun of what movies always do too. Just helps add to the humor. Mike Myers wrote this film and I have to say that he does a good job at making all of us laugh. He jokes you get, they are humorous, and they will have you laughing all the way till the end. It has pointless humor, but Mike does it in a good way. Mike Myers also stars as Austin Powers and Dr. Evil. I believe that helps with the humor, and he plays both roles perfectly as well. Elizabeth Hurley, Seth Green, Robert Wagner, and others are in this movie. Everyone helps make the film even more funny. I just loved it. Whenever I am in a bad mood, these films always cheer me up. Jay Roach is director of this film and he has a way with this film that just helps add to the humor. The score and theme of Austin Powers is phenomenal and if you have seen this film you will remember it forever. Just has that crazy Austin groove to it. I want to say props to the costume and make-up department too because you really are put into the 1960's at point and they did it so well.

So all-in-all a freaking hilarious film that will keep you laughing. I will give it a DVD buy worthy rating. No need to go get it on Blu-ray. I will give it the popcorn flick rating along with family night film, just make sure your kids are at least 12 years or older. It is a classic to me because I grew up with these movies so yes a must-see film rating "Austin Powers" is going to get. As for the rating I can only give "Austin Powers International Man of Mystery" a 3.5/5 rating. This does not stop it from being one of the funniest comedies out there.

Thanks for tuning in for the review. I hope you have enjoyed it. Sorry about lack of reviews, I have been busy moving. I got some time today so I thought I would do some. So stay tuned for more . . . coming REALLY soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment