Thursday, June 21, 2012

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the third installment in the animated series Madagascar. Well I am going to start off with my rating of this movie out 10. (For future references I will be reviewing movies out of 10, 10 being the best type of movie). So for my rating on Madagascar 3, it would have to be a 3/10.

I was absolutely disappointed with this movie. I usually hate sequels that keep pushing the limits of something that had GREAT in the first place, but when I saw the trailer to this film for the first time I thought they were going to do a decent job with this film. Sad to say that I thought wrong, obviously with my 3/10 rating on this film. What floors me is that this movie is getting a lot of critical acclaim and doing pretty well at the box office right at the moment. I saw it at a drive-in theater (which is second favorite way to see a film) and I thought it was absolutely ridiculous.

Well lets start with the negatives first shall we (there are few positives, which is why it got a 3). It was completely ridiculous as I have said. The villain (the evil animal control lady) was just a stupid unbelievable character. I realize that this movie is for kids, but still they were doing the absolute impossible with her character. Plus she was just down-right WIERD. The next thing that bothered me the most was that some of the new characters were just annoying, and you wanted to strangle them but couldn't. Yes this is a kids movie and is supposed to appeal to kids, but parents got to watch it with their kids, so make it appeal to them too right?

Now for the once positive in the film was that it made me laugh in a few parts, and a somewhat of a good message (but needed to be displayed better). Those were the only things that kept it from being a complete failure.

So all-in-all a defiant kids movie and a 3/10 rating. So make sure you stay tuned on the blog, subscribe to the blog by entering your email! Check out trailers to upcoming movies on the other page. More reviews are coming VERY soon, along with some interesting information on movies and movie stars.

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment:

  1. Dumb Movie!!! I thought it was going to be good Noah was right!!!!!!!!!!! Quiet Noah!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete