Thursday, November 1, 2012

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present his third installment in the reviews of the "Indiana Jones" franchise. In this film Dr. Henry Jones Sr. goes missing while on a pursuit for the Holy Grail. Indiana Jones or "Junior" must find his father and beat the Nazi's to the grail.

So are their negatives to this film? Unfortunately I am going to have to point out a few. First of all Alison Doody plays Dr. Elsa Schneider. I didn't find her character or performance the greatest. She bugged me and in a nutshell she didn't sell her performance very well. The other thing I really want to mention is that the plot is a bit predictable the whole way through. Something happens, but you know what the outcome will be.

Other than that this film is great! In my opinion this is the greatest "Indiana Jones" film out their. Harrison Ford returns as Indiana and again no one could have played this character better. He just has that great quality for Indiana Jones. Sean Connery comes in to play Indiana's father in this film, and he is amazing as Indiana's father. Sean and Harrison have amazing chemistry together, and it is hard to believe that he actually isn't his father in real life. I would not have been surprised otherwise. The rest of the cast does a great job at creating an enjoyable movie. Steven Spielberg returns as director for this film and lets say he does a decent job with this film, nothing spectacular but good. John Williams is at the helm of the score of the film again, and I loved his composition for this film. Defiantly deserved that Oscar nomination he got. Lets say it is a must-buy, I know I am going to. Is it weird to talk about the sound effects in a movie, but I just loved them in this movie. Like everything sounded perfect and just right. The cinematography too looks amazing. I have always enjoyed the cinematography in the "Indiana Jones" films though. They always have this look and feel to them that gives them that western look, but in reality its not a western. Oh one last thing to mention is I like the beginning of the movie and how they divulge into Indiana's past. I found that enjoyable, and I thought they did a good job with casting the right young Indiana Jones, River Phoenix, may he rest in peace.

So all-in-all a great addition to the "Indiana Jones" franchise, and in my opinion the most enjoyable one. Its got that action and classic feel to it that made you fall in love with the first one. For the ratings, I am going to give it a must-see rating along with a Blu-ray buy worthy. It most likely looks way better on Blu-ray! I will give it a popcorn flick rating, but it can pass as a good family night film. As for the rating out of five, "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" deserves a 4.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. To view the reviews of the other "Indiana Jones" films click the name of them here: "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Temple of Doom." Thanks again and stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment