Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present you the first installment in the reviews of the "Lord of the Rings Triology." In "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" an innocent hobbit of The Shire journeys with eight companions to the fires of Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring and the dark lord Sauron forever.

For this review I will have to start with the negatives first because for this movie I have quite a few. First thing I want to point out is some acting that I really do hate in this film, okay no it really wasn't acting as much as it was some of characters the actors had to play. I do not like the character of Sam Gamgee. He was really annoying, I really did want to punch him in the face the whole entire movie. Ugh just an irritating character. Then there was actually some acting that I hated, and that was Elijah Wood. I always hate him as an actor (except for one movie). He just isn't that great of an actor. The next thing about this movie is that there is just way to much fantasy in it. I mean there is no realistic tone to it at all. Its just fantasy scene after fantasy scene. Then there is the fact that this movie is terribly slow. It just seems like it goes on forever and ever.

Now positives that come from this movie. Well it does have some pretty good acting within the film. I think everyone plays there part pretty well, they at least make you believe they are there character. Who I really love is Ian McKellen as Gandalf. He does an amazing job. I really love the one scene where he is like, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" Oh is that badass, or is it badass? The visual effects for the year that this movie came out in are very good. Today they are a bit outdated but for the time amazing. Now Howard Shore, whom I have never heard of, did the score for this film and let me just say that I am (ASAP) going to buy the score for this film. I absolutely loved it so much. I feel like I have heard it before, but it must just be from listening to soundtracks on Pandora all the time. The direction of this movie was also very good. I did like some of the camera angles that Peter Jackson had incorporated within this film. They seemed to tell the story better, and keep me somewhat interested. A movie has to keep me interested and with this movie's over use of fantasy Peter Jackson must have done a good job to keep me interested in the film. Plus I loved the acting. I like fantasy, but only a little bit. The make-up (which I rarely talk about in a movie review) was very good. It seemed to real at some points. So good job to, Peter Owen and Richard Taylor. If I talk about make-up it had to have been really good.

So all-in-all this movie was good enough to interest me. Now I know people love LOVE THIS movie but not me at all. In my opinion you "might" want to buy this movie, but I will probably only watch them once so I would also give it only a rent-worthy rating because they aren't that good. I do recommend purchasing the soundtrack though because I know I will be doing that. For the rating on the scale out of five, I am going to have to give "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" only a three out of five. Most people would at least give it a four but not me.

Well thanks for reading this review. The reviews for the other film of the "Lord of the Rings Trilogy" will be coming sometime tonight so make sure you stay tuned for more. If you haven't yet though, make sure you subscribe by email in the sidebar, so you will be emailed when I upload another review. Make sure you also vote on the poll, I just updated it! Now again thanks for reading and stay tuned . . . for more.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment