Thursday, November 14, 2013

TRAILER OF THE WEEK: Maleficent


I can't believe it has snuck up on us again, but here is this week's TRAILER OF THE WEEK. For this week I chose a Disney film due out next summer called, Maleficent, which stars the wondrous Angelina Jolie. This film is centered around the villainous Maleficent from Disney's classic tale, Sleeping Beauty. This film looks at the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse young Princess Aurora.

Now why did I pick this film for this week's Trailer of the Week? Well as a kid I had always watched Disney movies. You name it, I most likely have seen it. My mom has our old VHS's all locked up in a closet somewhere because as a kid we loved these movies and would watch them over and over. As for the Sleeping Beauty, I will have to say I always liked that one quite a bit to be honest. I loved the story of it, and I always remember the three fairies in the movie. Thats something that is embedded in my memory from my childhood. Now this movie is a twist on the whole story!

Like with Oz: The Powerful, it is kind of a prequel and first of all part of me hates that. The other part of me though loves the back story to all of our favorite classic films from forever ago. Now this movie seems interesting enough. It is going to center around the Maleficent from the classic film and that seems interesting enough. From what I can remember about Sleeping Beauty, there really wasn't a reason to why the Maleficent did what she did. In this movie though it seems like they are going to explain why she was so evil and why she hated or did the things she did to the beautiful princess.

There are a few things I hope to see from this movie though. One of them would have to be, the whole story from the perspective of the Maleficent. What I mean by this is the exact tale of Sleeping Beauty told from the Maleficent's point of view. I wanna see the dragon again! That would just be awesome because I just love that fantasy creature. Another thing I want to see from this movie is well for it to be good and not some crap-ass Disney movie just trying to make some money. I want it to have all the right elements, and be one damn enjoyable movie. Thats all I can hope for!

Well I have added this movie to my watch list! What about you? What did you think of the trailer? Will you be checking out this movie next summer? I will try. Well make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment