Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ben Affleck as Batman?


Well before I disappeared for practically 10 months I used to do movie news as well as reviews , so today I would like to talk about some news that is still really hot in the media. About a week ago Warner Brothers officially released the information that Oscar Winning Ben Affleck is going to be cast at Bruce Wayne/Batman in the next Man of Steel movie which also includes the character Batman. Now a lot of people seem to be having an issue with Warner Brothers choice with the new Batman. My thoughts on the matter are half and half.

The first half would be to say that I do not see Ben Affleck as the next Batman. Why is that though? Well I only see Ben Affleck as a real actor. What I mean by this is that I only see him playing a real character, not some fantasy character. He has been in so many movies that are dramas, not science fiction/fantasy. Another thing that bothers me about Ben Affleck is that I don't think he can pull of the role of Batman. I can see him as Bruce Wayne, but I do not see him as the superhero Batman. I do not think he can pull of the multiple personalities of the characters he has to play. Batman and Bruce Wayne are two different characters, but yet the same person. Ben Affleck has to pull of that emotional connection of the two of them. I just don't see it.

Now why I am kind of rooting for Ben Affleck to pull it off as these characters is because he just might actually pull it off. No one thought that Heath Ledger would do good as the Joker, but look who won and Oscar for his performance. Some people find Heath's Joker performance the best joker performance ever. I would have to agree with that. What I am saying is that we don't know how Ben Affleck will do until we see the movie. He might be the best Batman ever. We will just have to wait and see what 2015 will bring for us in the Superman Batman film.

So stay tuned for more information, reviews, and news about the film industry. Thanks for reading and make sure you tune back later.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment