Sunday, August 19, 2012

NEWS FLASH: Tony Scott dead at 68


UPDATE: It is now reported that Tony Scott was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer just hours before he committed suicide.

Sadly I am here to report that "Top Gun" director, Tony Scott, died in Los Angeles at the age of 68. According to IMDb, the Los Angeles Police Department's harbor division reported that the British-born filmmaker jumped to his death from the Vincent Thomas Bridge near Long Beach, California. Tony Scott is known for directing such hits as, "Top Gun, Man on Fire, Spy Game, and others."

According to officials, the director climbed a fence on the south part of the bridge and leapt around 12:30 p.m. Police reportedly found a suicide note inside Scott's vehicle. The body was confirmed to Tony Scott's identity around seven o'clock p.m.

Tony Scott had been developing a sequel to his 1986 hit, "Top Gun." When I found out this news I said to myself, "Holy SHIT!" I was watching "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" at the time, and I paused the film to find out what the hell had happened. I am sorry to hear that he had taken his own life. It really does deeply sadden me because he is an inspiration to me just like every other director in the movie industry.

I would have liked to meet him. I am pretty sure any person would have. He made some great movies for all of us viewers to enjoy, that was his gift. He could take a script, and turn it into something everyone would enjoy! That is the gift of movie-making. All I want to say is, "Rest in peace Mr. Tony Scott. I may have never met you, but I will miss you, we all will miss you. You left before your time, but thank you for the time you gave to us. Rest in peace."

The Motion Picture Buff


No comments:

Post a Comment