Sunday, September 1, 2013

Argo REVIEW


The Motion Picture Buff would like to present his review of the 2013 Best Picture Winner, Argo! In this film a group of American Ambassadors are in hiding in the Canadian Embassy in Iran from angry Iranian citizens. If captured they could be killed. So the mission is to get them out undetected, the problem is how?

Now I want to talk about the negatives about this film first. Firstly I would like to say that this film is kind of slow-paced and not very exciting. I mean do not get me wrong, it is a good movie but at some points I was like can this movie move on a little bit? The other thing I had an issue with would be the fact that it was a little confusing. Sometimes I had a little bit of trouble staying caught up, thankfully the person I was watching it with had seen it before.

Moving on now I would like to say that besides the few things I mentioned above I really did enjoy this movie. I like how it is based on a true story. I love the true story and this movie does a darn good job with the story. It may drag on and be a bit confusing but it is still enjoyable. Ben Affleck did a good job with the directing in the movie as well as playing the main character. I like when a movie has a good strong main character and Ben did just an amazing job with it. I really did believe Ben was the character he was playing. He did a great job. Everyone else in the movie did really well, this movie is filled with really good actors and surprisingly they look like the original people. Sometimes I hate when movies pick people for looking like the original people from the original story, but this movie did a good job of picking people who looked like the right people and good actors as well. I also enjoyed the cinematography within this movie. It had the right look for the tone this movie was giving the watcher.

Now picking when to watch this. I wouldn't say that it would be a popcorn flick movie because you have to be emotionally involved in this movie. You also have to make sure you pay attention to it and listen to what people are saying. It's a good movie to watch one night when you want something with meaning and want a movie that matters. For my rating I am going to give this movie a 8/10 rating. I would like to say that I do think this movie deserved a nomination for Best Picture Oscar, but I don't think it deserved the Oscar.

Well I hope you enjoyed this review and will stop back in for more reviews later. I will also talk about other things than reviews. So stay tuned for that too.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment