Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Django Unchained REVIEW



It is now time for a review of Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained," which is said to be his best film yet. In this film we follow the story of a black slave named, Django. He helps a bounty-hunter, but then is freed. With his freedom and money he made while becoming a bounty hunter, he goes on an adventure to free his wife who is enslaved by Mr. Calvin Candy, played by the great, Leonardo DiCaprio.

Now what did I hate about this movie? Hm, that is a very good question I suppose because I am not able to think of anything that I disliked about this movie. I suppose I could say that this movie seems to be a bit long, but when I say that I usually have a suggestion to where they could take something out of the film. When I think about it though, I cannot think of a single part they should have taken out of the film to make it shorter. The film flows perfectly, and each scene within it is relevant.

Now what about the positives from "Django Unchained," what were they? I shall begin with the amazing cast behind this film. Jamie Fox, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson are all in this film. Each and every single one of those actors/actresses steal each scene they are in. The entire cast just does a great job with their characters and it makes for a very, VERY enjoyable film! When watching the Oscar's this past February I was extremely happy that Christoph Waltz finally won an Oscar for his performances in one of Quentin's films. While we are talking about Quentin and the Oscar's, I will have to say that this film and Quentin definitely deserved to win the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. Over the competition this film was for sure the best one out there this year. So I would like to say congrats to him for finally winning another Oscar again. Quentin is defiantly a great screenwriter, and he does make really good movies. Another positive to mention was just how badass enjoyable this movie was. You have no idea how much I actually did enjoy this movie. You just sit through the whole film think how freaking badass of them to actually do that. If you have no seen this I would highly recommend that you do. It is actually out on iTunes right now so if you wanted to you could pick it up there.

So as an overall rating I will give "Django Unchained" a 4.5/5 rating. This still makes it incredibly amazing and a for sure MUST-SEE film.


Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment