Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Evil Dead REVIEW


It is now time for a review of the terrifying remake of a film originally released in 1981, Evil Dead. This film was just released this past weekend, April 5th, 2013. In this film a group of friends go to a cabin in a remote area to help one girl named, Mia, in the group. Mia has a drug addiction, so she is here to try and get over her addiction before it kills her. While at this cabin, Eric, one of the guys of the group, finds a book that when read releases . . . evil.

Now in Evil Dead the acting is not the greatest, but it is not down right terrible. What I mean by this is the fact that it is bearable, but there really isn't any development with them. You don't give a shit about anyone in this story, and I think that is the point really but I will not say much as to give it away. Now yes there is killing and ways of blood and gore in this film. Some of the things that transpire in this film are pretty darn unbelievable. There are times when a person should have been killed by three acts of what should have been murder but yet they are still not dead. I mean come on, get a little realistic please. Last thing I wanted to mention was the fact that near the end of the film it felt like it had ended three different times. I was relieved several different times but mislead each time.

Evil Dead actually was a very disturbing scary movie. I can honestly say as a 18 year-old guy that I had my hands over my face for at least 50% of the film. It was just filled with gore. The movie was still quite scary, but I would say a disturbing scary. When a scary movie can keep me on my toes and keep my hands near my face the whole time I will have to say that it was a good scary movie. The other thing I kind of found interesting was the story a little bit. It did in fact keep me intrigued. I do have to be honest with that.

Rating this movie I would have to say that it is a worthy 3/5 stars. How would I recommend this to other people? Hm, well if you are having a scary movie night this movie would be good. It will have you cringing. So my recommendation is rent, not worth a buy.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment