Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tropic Thunder REVIEW


A group of well known actors get together to make the most expensive and greatest war movie of all time. Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., and others are cast in this hilarious comedy. They at first think they are making movie, when in fact they are living the reality.

Well lets just say that this movie can definitely make me smile. The witty humor in this movie just makes it a great comedy for you to enjoy. Ben Stiller, Etan Cohen, and Justin Theroux come together to write this screenplay. It is extremely enjoyable and you won't regret watching this movie. It might have a little of what I like to call "stupid-humor" but its not over powering and that is what helps make it enjoyable. Another thing this movie has going for it is it's cast. Included in this film is: Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Cruise, Jay Baruchel, Brandon T. Jackson, and many other people you will recognize. This cast makes this movie. Each and every single actor and actress in this film do an outstanding job and I do love when I movie does a great job at casting their characters. They work together perfectly and make the movie even more funny. I still can't believe that Robert Downey Jr. actually got an Oscar nomination for his performance in this film, but every time I watch it I begin to believe it more and more. Why? Well I have a hard time seeing Robert in this film, he really does become his character, just like his actual character does in the movie. Very well done Robert. Ben Stiller directs this movie and I will say that he did a pretty good job. Nothing really bothered me with it. As for acting and directing, good job.

So what didn't I like about the movie? Well their was some unanswered questions left out there and it went a little over the top at one point with its "stupid-humor." Other than that though I really enjoyed this movie.

What will I rate this movie? HM, well it is going to get a solid 4.5/5 stars! I would recommend buying this movie, even on Blu-ray disc. It is totally worth it because you will want to watch it over and over again. It will make a good comedy night movie for a popcorn night with friends or family. So if you haven't seen it yet, make sure you go check it out!!!

Noah Mark Bitney

P.S. On a side note actually this movie has a special guest star in it, that I absolutely was not expecting! The plus side is I LOVE who plays Les Grossman. If you don't know who does, look it up! I never would have guessed, and I find it HILARIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment