Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Shakespeare in Love REVIEW


The Motion Picture Buff would like to present a review for the 1999 Best Picture Winner . . . Shakespeare in Love. This film is about a young William Shakespeare when he was writing his masterpiece, Romeo and Juliet. It goes on the story of Shakespeare short of cash and out of ideas, but then he meets a woman who inspires him to right one of his most famous plays.

Lets begin with the positives from this film shall we? Well I would have to say that I love the script and story of this film. I just fell in love with the story that Marc Norman and Tom Stoppard had created. I loved the characters. The love between Will and Viola was just incredible. So props to Marc and Tom for creating an amazing story, you definitely deserved your Oscar for this film. Moving on . . . next I will have to talk about the acting. EVERY single actor/actress in this film did a good to great job. Some of the stand out would have to be of course Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes. These two had amazing chemistry together. The way Joseph looked at Gwyneth was just incredible. You could just see the lust in his eyes, and he made you believe that he was truly in love with Viola. Other actors who stood out in this film would have to be Geoffrey Rush, Tom Wilkinson, Ben Affleck, and everyone was just great in this movie. I really enjoyed this movie, so I can't mention everything but I suppose for the last thing I would mention is the set direction. Seriously I love the scenery for this film. I felt like I was in the time period and when you forget that this is all actually fake I think that just makes it an even better movie.

Now some negatives I would have to mention about this film would have to be that at the beginning I was a little confused. It took a little bit for me to understand what was going on, but I finally caught up. The other thing I would mention is that the ending I wasn't really sure if Viola died, got stuck on an island, or what happened to her. I know that she was leaving for the new world, but then Will started talking about his next play. So I wasn't sure what actually happened with her?

So wrapping this review up I would have to say that this movie grabbed my heart. I would for sure watch it again and soon. Now the movie is a perfect date-night movie. So if you have a girl and need a movie to watch . . . look up Shakespeare in Love on your Netflix  and watch it will that special girl. Make some popcorn and cuddle up with that girl of yours. If no girl its still a great movie to just enjoy one night. You will love it, if there is any romantic in you . . . you will love it. I will give it a popcorn movie night rating, date-night rating, and out of 10, I will give this movie an 8/10 rating.

Well I hope you have enjoyed this review of Shakespeare in Love. I plan on doing a review of some non-oscar winning movies soon, it has been awhile and I have the prefect movie to rip to shreds. So make sure you stay tuned for that and more.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment