Sunday, April 7, 2013

Les Misérables REVIEW


Well hello there, first thing is first, I do want to apologize for the lateness of this review. I know I said awhile back that I would be back to do reviews, and I am going to say it again here. So yeah I am back to reviewing movies because I have begun to miss it quite a bit. I am hoping to be back for good now, but time will tell. I hope to do these reviews quite frequent, but all I am doing is the reviews. Nothing fancy because this right now is all I have time for. So please do enjoy this review of the musical phenomenon, "Les Misérables."

In this film it follows the story of a french man named, Jean Valjean (played by Hugh Jackman), and this film takes place in 19th century France. He is on the run from Javert (played by Russell Crowe), who is a policeman hunting Jean down for breaking parole. Along Jean's journey he crosses paths with a woman who has fallen ill, he takes in her child. This decision changes their fates forever.

So what positive things do I have to say about this movie? Well let me begin with the music. Of course we all knew that it was going to be amazing, but I never thought it was going to be this great. Hugh Jackman did an OUTSTANDING job. His first solo song right before it cuts to so many years later was just amazing. I literally clapped the first and second time I watched it. Well done sir. I have not yet laid eyes on "Lincoln" but I am right now saying that Hugh should have gotten the Oscar. Anne Hathaway was barely in the movie. I was surprised how little she was in it, but for the amount that she was in it, she definitely deserved her Oscar for her performance. Every single actor in this film did a great job with their performance and with their singing. The songs were just inviting and enjoyable. Trust me when I say that you will find yourself singing the songs later in your day after watching this film. Another thing is that you will want to buy the full soundtrack of this film. It is just that good. The message of this film was also very good. I found this movie to be extremely heartfelt and very touching. I cried maybe three times throughout this movie.

I will now move onto the negatives of this film which are quite short. First thing is first, this movie can get to be a little to long. What I mean by this is the fact that you get bored because it is A LOT of singing. The first time watching it was super boring because I did not know all the songs, but the more you watch the movie . . . the more it grows on you. The second thing I want to say is Russell Crowe's singing. Ugh not terrible but I am sure they could have picked someone with way more talent than him.

All-in-all I am going to have to say that that this movie is for sure a 4/5 rating and that I would for sure and did buy it on Blu-Ray. I really enjoyed it and I will enjoy it for years and years. Kind of want to watch it after I am done with this review. To end this glorious return review I am going to have to say thanks for remaining loyal to me and to the reviews. I am glad to be back, so stay tuned.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment