Monday, July 2, 2012

Buried REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" presents a review for the motion picture "Buried," a Rodrigo Cortés film. This film is about Paul Conroy (played by Ryan Reynolds), who is a truck driver in Iraq. He and other truck drivers were ambushed, and Paul was knocked out in the ambush. The next thing he knows is that he is stuck in a coffin, and so the movie ensues it's plot from there. I am going to give this film a marvelous rating of 8/10. There wasn't much I hated at all about this film, as you can see. Even the things that bothered me were very minor.

So to get rid of the negatives right away, I would like to say that Ryan Reynolds did his most amazing performance I have ever seen. At times though I thought he wasn't doing his best. He still made me believe though everything. I was lost in his character, but I just thought he lost some off his great acting he had in this film at some points within the film. Other than that um oh yeah the . . . well I will not say but . . . Where did it come from? (If you have seen this it should make sense what I just said). My sister saw this movie before me and ended up telling me, and it had made sense that it could have happened that way. I never saw it though, so yeah though just a little thing. (Sorry if a bit confusion but trying not to give anything away). There was also some camera shots I didn't like at some points, I thought they were in the complete wrong spot. Oh, one other thing I have to say though is that I didn't really like this one scene, it really had no relevance and it was weird.

Now the rest of this movie was just absolutely perfect. I love the beginning of the film. I could have thought of 10 other ways to start the film, but the way they did is most likely the absolute best. It keeps in tone with the rest of the movie really because, if they would have done it my ways it would have been the only other odd scene. The ending is another one of those hate and love endings I mentioned in my "Last Night" Review. I loved it more in this film because it just made it absolutely perfect, down to the very last second it was. As I said above, Ryan Reynolds acted his heart out in this film. It was just so freaking believable all the time. He really made me nervous while I was watching the film. I felt like I was in the box with him the whole time. That would probably have to do with some of the direction of the film and camera angles. Ryan though did an excellent job playing a part while being stuck in a coffin. It just shocked me how believable it was. I was totally immersed in the film the whole time. I was screaming for him, crying with him, and feeling all the emotions he felt while he was in the box. By the end you feel somewhat claustrophobic. The score of this film was pretty decent I thought. I also loved the dialogue in this film. Chris Sparling, the writer of "Buried," did an excellent job with that I will have to say. I would though like to say thanks to everyone who helped make this film. It truly was very incredible.

So all-in-all a marvelous film that I enjoyed very much. Just had a few minor things that had bothered me with it now that I think about it. It is a must-see movie though, so it would be good for a movie night one night (popcorn flick). If your ever in the mood for a thriller/mystery, well this would be a great one to watch.

Well thanks for reading, and make sure you subscribe by email to the blog in the sidebar. Then you will know when I update the blog next with more reviews or movie news and information. Vote in the poll in the sidebar also (JUST UPDATED). You can also check out the movie I might be reviewing next on the list of movies I have on the other page. Comment below though if you have seen this movie, and let mw know what you thought about it? Also leave suggestions for movies for me to review next. You are one step closer to being a "Motion Picture Buff," but make sure you stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment: