Sunday, October 14, 2012

Raiders of the Lost Ark REVIEW


Here comes the first installment in the reviews of the "Indiana Jones" series. The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for "Raiders of the Lost Ark." In this film an archaeologist and adventurer named Indiana Jones is hired by the US government to find the Ark of the Covenant. The only problem is that he is also fighting against the Nazi's.

Well negatives . . . negatives. Anyone who has seen this movie would now that it is really hard to find a negative in the first installment of this series. I know I can't, so here I am going to talk about the positives. Well the acting from everyone in this film is just magnificent. Harrison Ford does a great job as Indiana Jones and everything. He was literally born to play this role. Now I know I say that about a lot of people but literally, nobody could have fit the hat and whip better. Karen Allen is also in this movie and I loved her. The chemistry between her and Harrison is just great. Paul Freeman, Denholm Elliot, John Rys-Davies, and others are also in this film. A great cast came together to make a great film. Steven Spielberg directed this film and let me just say he does a great job with this film. As they say this is one of his best films. He just has a way of keeping you engaged in the film that makes it so enjoyable. He also creates some elements to the film that are great. John Williams is at the helm of the composition for this film and he has created a masterpiece of a score with this film. Of all the soundtracks I have told you to get make sure this is on the top five list. I love John Williams, he is for sure my favorite composer still to this day. Now this film came out in 1981 and for its time period it definitely had some pretty good graphics. The cinematography I also loved in this film, the film just had that action/adventure look and feel to it. The other thing I wanted to mention was the costumes, I thought for the time period of the movie that they did a pretty darn good job with recreating the clothing for the characters. This also leads me to the sets, I thought that they definitely recreated the late 1940's for us. Now the last thing to mention though is the screenplay. George Lucas and Philip Kaufman created the story of Indiana Jones, but the writer of the screenplay was Lawrence Kasdan and I thought it was great. What makes a great script is great dialogue and a plot that makes logical sense and this film did it well.

If I think back on it now the only thing I could mention negatively about this film, is that at some points I felt like the movie's plot seemed a bit rushed and a little unnatural.

So all-in-all a GREAT action adventure film that is fun for the whole family. It has an amazing cast and just a great story with it too. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is going to get a must-see rating of course, along with a popcorn flick rating. I will also award it the rating of Blu-ray buy worthy and a good family flick for one night. As for the rating out of five, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is going to get a worthy 4.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading and I really do hope that you enjoyed this review. One thing to mention is that make sure you like "Motion Picture Buff Reviews" on Facebook HERE. Thanks again and stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment