Monday, October 22, 2012

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom REVIEW


Here comes the second installment in the reviews of the "Indiana Jones" series! "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" is Indy's second adventure. In this film Indiana Jones arrives in India, here he is asked by a desperate town to return a mystical stone that was stolen from them. Of course Indiana agrees and so the adventure begins!

Well shall we begin with the positives from this tale? Well I loved the acting of course, I mean Harrison Ford is just outstanding. I really think there could be no better man to play Indiana Jones than him. He just fits the character extremely well. Now child stars that are extremely good are hard to come by, but Jonathan Ke Quan plays his character, Short Round, AMAZINGLY. He is funny, cute, and just a little snot sometimes. I don't think this kid was anybody else but Short Round. Jonathan and Harrison also had great chemistry. They could have been a father and son. Of course their are other actors in this film, but I could be here all day mentioning them. What I do want to say is that they all do a great job. The next thing I wanted to mention were the action sequences and the director who pulled it off! Steven Spielberg again is at the helm of Indiana Jones story, and the action parts are just fantastic. They are exciting and thrilling, and they keep you on the edge of your seat for sure. For the time they are sure some of the most creative too. The visual effects within this movie are again just groundbreaking for the time. The script is decent I suppose, not the best thing in the world but it has an interesting enough plot line. Last thing to mention is that John Williams is at the helm of the the score for the film again, and like always John Williams is just magnificent. If you're a fan of movie music like me, make sure you pick up this one.


Now in this "Indiana Jones" film there are quite a bit more negatives. The woman who plays Willie Scott in the film is just annoying or maybe just her character! I think it was both though Willie Scott is played by Kate Capshaw. Ugh, I hated her right from the beginning. Which I also want to comment on. What is with the foreign language opening number? To me I feel like it is just to much for a film like this. Then with the story line as a whole for the series (which means that the first one connecting to this) there are a couple gaps. What happened to Marion? What about his teaching at the college? So many gaps I thought.

So all-in-all a good adventure film that anyone should enjoy! The "Indiana Jones" series just got a decent addition, and it really has some great action parts within. I am going to give this a Blu-ray buy worthy rating because of the action parts, but you could just rent it because well . . . for the "Indiana Jones" series though this one isn't a must-see film at all. Your really not missing to much, plus it doesn't contribute to the real story of Indiana. I will give it a popcorn flick rating though. As for the rating out of five, "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" will receive a 3.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for tuning in and reading this review, I am really hoping you enjoyed it! To see the review of the first "Indiana Jones" film, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" CLICK HERE. Sorry for the delay in a review . . . been a BUSY weekend. I do want to say though I am three reviews away until I post my 100th post. I just wanted to remind you that I am going to do a special movie to me for the 100th post. So make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment