Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pacific Rim REVIEW


It is time to bring you a review of one of my favorite movies that came out this year . . . Pacific Rim. In this movie a war between mankind and a alien race that is emerging deep within the Pacific Ocean, is heating up. Us humans create an advanced giant robot to fight the ginormous alien creatures. Years past and the aliens evolve and are beginning to win. Where our story begins is when a former pilot and a trainee must fight together to save mankind.

Now as mentioned above this is literally my favorite movie I have seen so far in 2013. Normally science-fiction movies are not the greatest, but when they are good, they are normally GREAT. To mention a few would be: Avatar, Star Wars, and Star Trek. Well Pacific Rim is another GREAT science-fiction film. To start off why I freaking love this movie I would have to mention the fighting scenes. In this movie they had a huge special effect budget and the special effects in this movie are fantastic. Seriously there is not one scene were I could complain about the special effects, which makes a great movie in my opinion. Director Guillermo del Toro does a great job with this film as well. Within the fight sequences you just feel the enormity of the robots and aliens. The angles in which they use the special effects really adds to the movie. Now with the action sequences between the robots and the aliens you will just love. I could seriously watch them all freaking day. They are WAY beyond badass, I honestly love them.

Now the next nice thing about this movie is that it isn't just about the fighting sequences. The story behind this movie is also great. In the beginning they give you all the information you could possibly need before they get to the real stuff. You also actually care about the characters in this film. Charlie Hunnam plays the main character, Raleigh Becket. I personally loved him in this movie. Some people didn't but I think he did a great job for what they movie is. Everyone in this movie did a great job. The girl in this movie, Mako Mori, is played by Rinko Kikuchi, and she personally is fantastic. When seeing the trailer for this movie I didn't think I was going to like her character, but I ended up loving her character and I think that is because of Rinko Kikuchi. Idris Elba, Diego Klattenhoff, Charlie Day, Burn Gorman, Ron Perlman, and many others do a great job in the movie. Sure in this movie there are a few points where the acting is a little corny because of the story, but somehow it sort of works for the film.

Now there are a few things more I would like to mention about this movie and how these things make the film BAD-FREAKING-ASS. First thing I wanted to mention is the score of this film. Seriously the score is absolutely perfect for this film. Ramin Djawadi, who also did the musical score for Iron Man, does a perfect job for Pacific Rim. It just works great with all the action sequences and again it adds to the enormity of the scenes. Next I also wanted to talk about how BADASS this movie is. Seriously if you have any kid part of you left in your body you will find this movie outstandingly BADASS. How the Jaeger's (the robots) fight the Kaiju (the Aliens) is seriously the coolest thing ever. Lastly I wanted to talk about how much I really loved this move. I just want to make sure how clear I am saying that this movie is clearly one of the most enjoyable movies I have ever seen. What makes a great movie in my opinion is how it can take you out of your world and put you in a complete other world and let you forget your problems. Pacific Rim does this perfectly and it is one of the baddest ass movies of all time.

Summing up this review I will have to say that this movie is an enjoyable ride through and through. I will seriously watch this movie time and time again. So for sure it is going to get a MUST-SEE film rating as well as a buy on Blu-Ray rating. Watching it on Blu-Ray makes the movie look so freaking awesome. Pacific Rim is a perfect popcorn movie night film, and if you have seen it before that is fine because it is enjoyable no matter how many times you see it. I just watched it last night and I plan on watching it again after this review is complete, that is seriously how much I love it. Well as for the rating out of ten stars I will give Pacific Rim a solid and well deserved 10/10 star rating.

Well thanks for reading this review of Pacific Rim. I really hope that you have enjoyed it because seriously this movie has now been added to my top ten list. It is just something you can't fully describe on how badass and awesome this movie is. Well stay tuned for more reviews and movie stuff . . . coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. What about the drag and the bad character? (just curious)
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wasn't all that great. There was some weaknesses still great movie but not perfect.

      Delete
    2. I would give it a 9/10 because of the long drag. But I gotta say GREAT MOVIE.
      Michael

      Delete