Saturday, July 21, 2012

Due Date REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the feature film starring Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis, "Due Date." This film follow Peter (Robert's character) who is trying to get home before his wife has their first child, but along the way Ethan (Zach's character) "accidentally" sabotages ways to get there. They are in a hurry to get home before she has the baby.

For this review lets start with the positives of this movie shall we? Well I really do like Robert Downey Jr. in this movie. He always seems to play his parts in the movie very well, he just seems to become his character very well. I would though have to say that the rest of the acting in this movie was eh (get to it later). The plot of this film was very good. I did really like it, it seemed to flow very well. It kept me interested I guess I could say (exceptions below). Um . . . there were a couple parts I guess where it was a little funny but not all of it was really. This movie did do a very good job at getting to your heart though, and Robert has helped with that quite a bit actually. Oh, Zach could also touch your heart too. So yes it had somewhat of a good message to it, and I do like how it ended the film. It seemed like it was a realistic ending (somewhat).

Now this movie is nowhere near perfect (like "The Dark Knight Rises"), so it does in fact have quite a few negatives to it. To start them off I am going to have to say I am getting sick of Zach Galifianakis's performance's as a dumb-ass. They are starting to get annoying, can he even pull of a serious role as a main character. Sure thats what he does best at, but it has to come to a point where it just becomes annoying. Well, he hit that with this movie. The other performances in this film were so short that it really never matter. Even though they didn't even see, like they were acting. Just seemed like they were asked to read this line for the film. Moving on to the plot, well there were some gaps in it at point, but I can't give anything away so I can say where, but when watching the film you will see some huge gaps. Um, I didn't like who all of a sudden something between the Peter and Ethan changed. Seemed a little unrealistic. It was like one second this, then blink and it was changed already. Oh and how funny was this movie? Well I laughed maybe (and I mean maybe once) otherwise I might have smiled at one part. Other than that it was again another shove down your throat funny movie.

So all-in-all a somewhat heartfelt movie, that tries to be funny, but has one good actor in it! Um not really a movie you should ever buy, um I guess if you couldn't find anything better and want something new to watch (and its a last minute thing) you could rent this. That will be my rating there, on the scale I will give it a 2.5/5 rating. Now leave a comment below if you have seen this movie (or after seeing it) telling me what you thought about this film.

Well thanks for reading everyone. Now make sure to vote on the poll in the sidebar if you haven't yet, I just updated it yesterday for you all. Also if you haven't subscribed to the blog via email, you can do that too in the sidebar. Just type in your email address and hit submit to know when I update the blog next with more reviews or IMPORTANT motion picture news. I want to say thanks again for reading, and please make sure to tell your friends/family about the blog here (if you enjoyed it). Stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

2 comments:

  1. 2.5? Really? But Zohan is 0?
    Fazollis? Really?
    Your driving me nuts! :)
    You must have been dropped on your head a few times! :)
    Whatever! An ehh movie! Not funny!
    Zohan is!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NO FUNNY part to Zohan at all. :)

    ReplyDelete