Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Star Trek: Into Darkness REVIEW


The Motion Picture Buff would like to present a review for the summer blockbuster of 2013, Star Trek: Into Darkness. In this film James T. Kirk, is on a hunt for a man who has declared war on Star Fleet. This hunt lands the crew of the Enterprise on the border of Star Fleet's nemesis.

Let me start off by saying this movie is pretty darn spectacular. It has all the right formulas to a great blockbuster. Not only is this movie a good blockbuster, it is a very enjoyable film. So the first thing I would like to mention is the acting in this film. Everyone involved in this film does a great job. The cast includes Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch, and others. Each one of these actors do a fantastic job. The chemistry between Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto is perfect.  I love how they bicker back and forth but then when it comes to the emotional stuff they can still pull those scenes off. Now one actor who really stands out in this movie is Benedict Cumberbatch. He does a FANTASTIC job as Khan. The facial expressions he uses when he talks are just great. They help bring a perfect performance and help make the movie WAY more enjoyable. You forget that these people aren't actually these characters and that they are actually other people in this world. Thats what I like to call good acting. Now moving on the action and the way J.J. Abrams does it is perfect. It flows perfectly with the story of this film. Speaking of the story behind this film I would have to say that it is amazing. I was emotionally attached to this film in so many ways. Sure it is an action film, but the film makes you really care about the characters. This film has ups and downs, and there is a point in the film where it gets really emotional and you really feel it. The actors, the story, the direction, it all makes the scene perfect. J.J. Abrams does a great job with the movie . . . he takes Star Trek: Into Darkness in a whole new direction than his first Star Trek film. The name of the film says it, it is a way darker film. The feel of this movie is great too. I love how they took Star Trek up a notch with this movie.

Now even though this movie is very, very good, I have to say that this movie has one flaw. The flaw in this movie would have to be the ending of the film. Here we are in a huge action scene, and then it suddenly ends and that is basically the end of the movie. The movie just comes to an abrupt halt. That would probably be the only bad thing I could mention from this film.

Summing up this review up I would say that this film is pretty darn enjoyable and probably one of the best films to come out during the summer season of 2013. There is only one movie I can think of that I enjoyed more over the summer season. I will review that movie later though. You for sure should buy this movie on Blu-Ray, it is totally worth buying on Blu-Ray. I own it on Blu-Ray and it looks incredible. This movie is also a perfect popcorn movie night film. Make a bowl of popcorn, grab a blanket, and pop in this movie. For the rating out of ten stars I would give Star Trek: Into Darkness a 9/10 stars.

Well I hope you enjoyed this review of the newest Star Trek film. To see my review of the first of the new Star Trek films, CLICK HERE. So make sure you stay tuned for more reviews, I know they haven't been as often as I said, but I still plan on doing them . . . so stay tuned for more coming soon.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment