Thursday, June 28, 2012

21 Jump Street REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for "21 Jump Street." I just finished watching this film, and I think I would have to give this film a 6/10 rating. It was all-in-all a very good film, but I had some major to minor negatives about this film. It was funny though, but lets get to the actually review right now.

Positives first for this review today shall we. Okay I really liked the relationship between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. It was very believable and very well done. They seemed like they were born to do what they did in this film. I like how there personalities switched when they went back to High School (not giving anything away I swear)! The other acting in this film also didn't suck, like what usually happens in films like this where the two main roles are really good and everyone else sucks. This movie was shove down your throat funny either. It was actually funny at some parts, but was serious when it needed to be (sure some parts were stupid funny, but you need stupid funny sometimes). I liked the cameo in this film, made me like super happy when I saw it. The plot/script of this film was well written (except one thing later). I thought they did a great job with telling the story of this film. I liked how everything played out and when it played out in the film. Everything seemed to click, if you know what I mean?

Now for the negatives that I have. I thought it was a little bit predictable. Like I thought I knew who the bad guy was going to be, and to find out I was actually right the whole time. There was one part that was in slow-motion (will not mention part) but I feel like it was an unnecessary amount of slow-motion.  Oh I really wasn't a fan of Ice Cube in the film, he isn't my favorite actor in the world. I know I shouldn't judge a movie based on a actor I don't like, but I feel like someone could have done a better job in this film. One other thing I have to say is that the movie seemed to take forever. I realize it was only a hour-and-a-half, but I thought it was never going to end.

Well anyways, a good movie to pop in one night for a good laugh. There was this one part that I just laughed my head of at. Of course a couple other parts too, but this one part I absolutely loved. So a good popcorn flick with some friends some night. Good deserved 6/10 rating. I usually say a 6-7 out of 10 is average.

Well make sure you subscribe by email in the side bar so you know when I update the blog with another review or movie news. Make sure you check out some movie trailers, a tab below the logo will take you there. You can also see a list of movies that I will be reviewing sometime in the near future. Thanks for reading though, it means a lot, and you are now one step closer to being a "Motion Picture Buff" too. Stay tuned . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment