Friday, June 29, 2012

Ted REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the first motion picture from the creator of the hit TV series Family Guy, "Ted." Let me just say if I could do a point 0.5 added onto a number I would, but I can't go "Ted" gets a well deserved 7/10! I would be giving it a 7.5/10 but I can't so a seven it is. Well lets talk about this hilarious movie shall we?

Lets start with the positives in this film, because right now thats all I can think about because this movie was just LAUGH-OUT-LOUD funny. Ugh the humor in this film was, yes, raunchy, racist, and stereotypical. What do you expect though? Its from the creators of Family Guy. Seth Macfarlane has definitely outdone himself with the movie. With his involvement in writing, directing, and acting in this film. All of him was superb. Speaking of acting in this film, I LOVED Mila Kunis, Mark Wahlberg, and Giovanni Ribisi in this film. Giovanni did an EXCELLENT job as a creepy obsessed dude. Oh he was just hilarious, and after seeing him in serious roles it just made me laugh. The plot of this film was very well done though, everything seemed to connect together, logically. In the end making a very good film, that made you laugh the whole way through, but yet made you feel something heartfelt too. Oh one thing to add here is that I loved this one scene where they used silence instead of background music, so you could here EVERYTHING perfect. Made it 100 times more funny. Now . . .

Things that kind of bothered me with this tim though. Yes there are some, and I do have to say them. I felt like the beginning of this film, took forever to start. I dunno I just wanted the film to hurry up to the part where they were all older and when John (Mark's character) wasn't young anymore. I also saw to much of a similarity to Family Guy. Yes of course there are going to be some similarities (being it coming from its creator) but the musical notes in some scenes just made me think of Family Guy instantly. Oh and there was this one scene that had goofy sound effect. I felt like that was completely unnecessary. I think those were my complaints, not many but a few.

So all-in-all a VERY funny film, a sure-good movie to watch when you need something to laugh too (unlike "Jack & Jill"). It is definitely a popcorn flick on my list. So make sure you go check it out in theaters.

Now remember to subscribe by email in the sidebar so you know when I update the blog with another post, that has something to do with movies. Make sure you hurry to and vote on the poll, short amount of time left to vote on that. Now make sure you continue to check back here so you can call yourself a "Motion Picture Buff" too. More reviews and movie talk coming soon. So stay tuned . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment