Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rock of Ages REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the musical "Rock of Ages." For this film I would have to give it a 4/10 on my scale. This movie was absolutely ridiculous, but there were a few things that kept me somewhat interested in the film.

So lets start this review with the positives of the film. The music in this film was absolutely the greatest. I love 80's music, and this film had the best of the best from that era. I thought that some of the acting from some of the actors/actresses was very well done. For example: Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx, Julianne Hough as Sherrie, Alec Baldwin as Dennis, and Catherine Zeta-Jones as Patricia Whitmore. Those were the only things I really liked about this film.

Now for the negatives of this film which as by the 4/10 rating, has a lot of them. This film seemed to want to be everywhere at once. The singing didn't just stay in one place when it came to a song. They went to every story line in the film basically for every song sung. So it wasn't just one person singing a song, it was almost the whole cast. Now back on the topic of story lines, this film seemed to have a lot of them. One with Tom Cruises character, then one with Catherine's character, then one with Julianne's character, and also one with Alec's. The love stories in this film were crazy in my opinion. Two of the love stories were about a couple who just met and apparently they were in love like a blink of an eye. I do believe in love at first sight but this film just stretched its limits to far. Then the other love story came out of nowhere, but was a somewhat normal love that had developed over a time period. One other thing I had hated about this film was that there was this one lady who was in a lot of shots for some songs, but really had NO relevance.

Over all, I just felt like this movie was all over the place and didn't do it well at all. The music in this film though was absolutely excellent, along with the singing. Oh I forgot to mention that I do not know how this film was only PG-13 too, that floored me a little. Back on topic though, so all-in-all "Rock of Ages" deserves its 4/10 rating.

Now remember to stay tuned into the blog, subscribe by email in the side bar. So that way you can be emailed when I update a new post. More reviews are coming VERY soon. I saw Pixar's "Brave" this weekend also, so I have that to review today. Leave comments below (you can leave them as anonymous) on what you think about this film if you have seen it. So make sure you subscribe on the side.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment