Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brave REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff' presents a review for Disney's Pixar film "Brave." The rating that I believe this film deserves is a sad 5/10. Keep in mind this though: I do believe this film is a good kid movie. For Pixar though I had a few problems with this film.

Starting now with the negatives in this review is that halfway through the film, when she decides to change her fate, the complete tone of the film decides to change. The first half of the film had a completely different tone than the other half, but then at the end it went back to its original tone, and they didn't change slowly, it was like BAM change of the movies tone. For this it lost about two points on my scale. Then apparently she changed her fate? I feel like what had happened (trying not to give away any spoilers) really wasn't a change of fate at all. For that it lost about two more points, it really bugged me. Then the one other point came from it trying to hard to be funny. I feel like the film just tried way to hard, I mean sure I laughed at some points and such, but at some points it was just plain old stupid.

Now to end on a positive note it was funny (in some spots) and cute. I loved the voices for this film, everyone who voiced there characters did an absolute amazing job. Pixar seems to do a great job with picking people to voice there characters. For example: Monsters Inc., Toy Story, The Incredibles, and others. One more thing that I liked you could say was the messages that "Brave" tried to tell. I said earlier that I hated how the transition was between them, but I have to say I do like what they were trying to say, just not how they said it.

All-in-all this movie had a good message for kids just didn't it abruptly and not in a good fashion. A good kid movie I guess, but unlike other Pixar's (excluding Cars and Cars 2) where they have it so parents can enjoy it also. So a deserved rating of 5/10. Now people might not like it but what can I say I didn't like how the plot went with the tone. Could have been better.

Now remember to subscribe to the blog by your email in the sidebar (I do not use anyone's email adresses at all, I honestly can't even see them). Subscribe to know when I update the blog with another review or some movie news that I want to talk about. One more review should be coming VERY soon though. I also saw Disney's "The Avengers" the other night (for the 4th time), so I can review that also soon. Leave comments below if you have seen "Brave" and let me know what you though (remember you don't have to have a Google account to comment, just pick anonymous and you can post a comment that way also). Well make sure you subscribe for more "Motion Picture Buffness."

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment