Sunday, October 7, 2012

Star Trek (2009) REVIEW



The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the reboot of a well-known franchise, "Star Trek." In this film James T. Krik is trying to live up to his father's legend but Mr. Spock is jeopardizing it while a vengeful Romulan creates black holes to destroy the Federation.

Well shall we talk about the positives first of this film? I am going to say that this is one excellent sic-fi movie. The acting within this film is just great. Chris Pine is really a great James T. Krik, and Zachary Quinto is a great new Spock. The two do an amazing job with their roles, and the two have amazing chemistry together. Bruce Greenwood, Zoƫ Saldana, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, Eric Bana, and others are in this film. They all seem to do a great job too. J. J. Abrahams is at the helm of directing this film and I think he did a fantastic job with it. The action and feel of this movie was great. Speaking of the action I thought he did a good job with it to, it kept you intrigued. You were hooked right from the beginning of the film. The screenplay in this film I also thought was pretty good. The dialogue in it was found to be the naturalistic type of dialogue that is hard to find in some movies. Then the visuals of this movie were just absolutely incredible. You were just blown away with some of the scenes and how they really pulled it off with there visuals for the scenes they had. Oh and I do want to mention the score. Holy buckets, Micheal Giacchino, knows how to create a good score for a sci-fi! I absolutely loved it and I am going to have to say that it is a must purchase. When it comes down to it, what really makes this film great is that it is an amazing reboot of a series that some thought to be lost forever. It is a very good film and it really introduces a classic franchise to a new generation, and it did it in the best possible way I believe.

Of course I do have some negative things to say about the film though. First off I feel like this film was all setup. I mean yes sure some things did happen, but I felt like this entire film was just to reestablish the franchise. Its more narrative than it is about a challenge. I feel like they tired to hard to make sure they left it for another one, knowing that this one will do great (which it did). The other thing I did want to mention was that this film could be a bit confusing at times. It does explain it at some point but later on in the film. There were some irregularities too though that I noticed. I do believe that was all I remembered though.

So all-in-all "Star Trek" is a great reboot to a classic tale. It will keep you engaged the whole time, and you are up for a ride of a lifetime. This film will get a must-see rating along with Blu-ray buy worthy. I will also say it is definitely a popcorn flick. As for the rating out of five, "Star Trek" is going to be receiving a 4/5 rating.

Well thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed the review. I do want to mention that more reviews are coming soon so stay tuned. Thanks again . . . stay tuned.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment