Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pulp Fiction REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the movie "Pulp Fiction." Well in this film the lives of two mob hit men, a gangster's wife, a boxer, and a pair of bandits are intertwined. This film shows tales of redemption, violence, love, and life.

So yes like almost the rest of this world I LOVED the dialogue in this film. Of course I did right? It is a dialogue based film so of course I am going to love it. Quentin Tarantino defiantly wrote the best possible dialogue for this film. The dialogue is what carries the movie through. Yes there is some good action, but the dialogue is really the main premise of this film. This movie is also EXTREMELY original in so many ways. It goes by chapters, and the chapters don't even go in order. I did love that! SO yes Quentin Tarantino defiantly deserved his Oscar for the screenplay. It was incredible, probably one of the greatest ever. This movie was funny, racy, and just plain old enjoyable. Next thing is the cast! Oh my yes it is a huge cast and I am not even going to begin to mention everyone that is in film. Many and many actors and actresses are in this film that are relevant to the story, if you want to know the main cast just click on the poster to see everyones name. About the cast though, INCREDIBLE job by everyone. I do want to mention Samuel L. Jackson though. He was my favorite for sure. Maybe it was his character I liked the most, but I just loved it when he was on screen. The soundtrack in this film was also amazing it just added the perfect tone to the scene that was happening. I do now want to mention the direction that Quentin Tarantino did with this film. I thought he did a great job with it, especially with the action scenes. They had you sitting on the edge of your seat clinging on wanting to know what was going to happen.

Now of course there is a negative or two to this film I have to add. I do want to say though that some people consider this film to be one of the greats right? I do not see that. I feel like at sometimes the movie just dragged slowly on. I know that contradicts what I said about the dialogue making this film, but its just sometimes your sitting there waiting for something to happen. The other thing that bothered me really is that is there really a message or point to this film? If so I never saw it or caught up on it?

So all-in-all a GREAT film that has amazing dialogue that keeps the movie going the whole time. Its hilarious even when something serious happens. It is a great film, but I can't say it is one of the greats like everyone tells me it is. I will give it a DVD buy worthy rating, and it is a must-see film due to the great dialogue and amazing acting. For sure a popcorn flick for you and your buddies. (WARNING: not a popcorn flick with parents). Thought I would give you that heads up. As for the rating out of five, "Pulp Fiction" will receive a 4/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading and I am hoping that you enjoyed this review of "Pulp Fiction." Make sure you vote on the poll in the sidebar . . . only a few hours left. So stay tuned for more reviews of motion pictures . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment