Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Inglorious Basterds REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the film created by Quentin Tarantino, "Inglorious Basterds." In this film it takes you back to the time when the Nazi's occupied France. A group of Jewish solders plant to assassinate the leaders of the Nazi party, while they get some unexpected help from the owner of the theater where it all happens.

Well hm really you know how I have a TOP TEN LIST? Well when I extend it to the TOP FIFTEEN (which I will) this movie is 100% going to be on it! I am actually rethinking the list right now because this movie is absolutely amazing! The acting in this film from everyone is just SUBERB. The cast in this film includes: Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Micheal Fassbender, Diane Kruger, B. J. Novak, Mélanie Laurent, Eli Roth, Til Schweiger, and many more of course. Who I want to comment on in this review is Christoph Waltz's performance. This is (if I remember right) the first movie I have ever seen him in and he is now one of my favorite actors out there. Oh his performance is just phenomenal. He really became his character in this film. Apparently I wasn't the only one to think that wither because he did receive an Oscar for his performance in this film (2010 awards). So I thank you Christoph Waltz for an amazing performance. We move on now to the direction of the film . . . along with the screenplay because in this review the two co-inside with each other. They were great, the script was great and it was just a wonderful story. In this film they kept the dialogue true to the nationality of the character which I believe is great because it adds to the film and makes it somehow more enjoyable. As to not to give anything away about the plot I will not mention my favorite part about it, but lets just say this movie has some twists (if you have seen the film you will know what I am talking about). A thanks goes out to Quentin Tarantino for creating a GREAT film.  The costumes were great for they film, they really did a good job with setting up the stage for World War II time. The the last thing I really want to comment on is something I really wouldn't comment on, which is the cinematography. I thought I was very good for some reason in this film, and well I guess it was because it got nominated for an Oscar for that part of the film. Oh actually one last thing, I love the music in this film. For some reason I can't find who did the score but I loved the music that always played in the background.

The only negative things I could really say about "Inglorious Basterds" was the fact that it was a bit slow in some spots . . . other than that nothing! Oh wait there was this one guys performance in the film that I hated! Oh the guy who played Fredrick (Daniel Brühl) . . . I just feel like he did not fit the part.

So all-in-all I am pretty sure you can guess what this film will be getting? Well of course it is 150% a must-see film. I would have to say it is a tour-de-force too. "Inglorious Basterds" will also get a Blu-Ray buy worthy rating also. I do want to say though, "Fair warning this film is pretty gory. Which was something I did not expect!" Now on the scale out of five, "Inglorious Basterds" will get a 4.5/5 rating.

Well thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Seems like it is a longer one? Oh well I hope you enjoyed it anyways. Now make sure you have subscribed by email in the sidebar, just wanted to mention that. Then you can be emailed when I update the blog next. Well stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment