Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Big Lebowski REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the classic film "The Big Lebowski" from the Coen brothers. This film stars Jeff Bridges and John Goodman. In "The Big Lebowski," Jeffery Lebowski, "Dude," is mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it.

Well firstly I would like to talk about the positives that came from this film, and oh my GOSH how few this film had. Um well I think the only positives that really, actually, came from this film was the acting to be honest. Everyone who was required to act in this film did a very good job at it. The person I would like to talk about in particular is John Goodman as Walter Sobchak. I hated the character but John Goodman did such a great job with the character. He "was" his character, it was just great. Oh and I will mention that this movie did make me laugh . . . once.

Now I am going to move onto the LONG list of negatives. I probably won't go into to much detail with each otherwise this might be a long freaking review. So for starters the direction of this film was just plain old weird. It just cut to random scenes of bowling things, and the whole film seemed to be jumpy. Which didn't help me considering that the plot of this film was already jumpy and all over the place. The whole movie, me and my friends were wondering what the heck was going on? There were some scenes where you were like, "Ummmmm what is happening? What does this have to do with anything?" Plus in some scenes though  you could totally tell what was going to happen, but at the same time you never really understood what was happening. I have no clue what this movie was really even about, like what was the purpose of anything at all? The direction and writing of this film comes from the Coen brothers. This is the first movie I have seen by them, and let me say that I am not looking forward to watching one of there films for a LONG time.  Next I want to go onto the music in the film . . . I was like ummm nope this is annoying the whole time. Then there is the fact that this movie is supposed to be a comedy. Um I laughed only once, not even laughed just smiled. If this is supposed to be funny, I should be creeped out and confused the whole movie, I should be laughing my butt off. For this movie though that wasn't the case. Next I want to talk about the one character in this film that really annoyed me though. That was Walter played by John Goodman. Ugh the character of Walter was just annoying he would always make himself right, even if he knew he wasn't at all! He would believe he was right, and he would do anything to make sure he was! Plus if someone told him of for talking loudly (which he did) he would FLIP OUT. He was just truly one of the most annoying characters on the screen that I have seen.

So all-in-all for a classic film to which loads of people love, I would have to say that this movie really is garbage. There is really nothing good about this film except for its actor/actresses. I know people love this movie (it has a 8.3/10 on IMDb), but personally it was just 100% garbage. What really makes me mad was that I bought it on Blu-Ray because I thought I was going to enjoy it, but nope I thought it was a terrible film and now I regret paying the extra money for Blu-Ray. So really you aren't missing nothing with not seeing this film so don't even bother with it. On a scale to five though, I am only going to be able to give this film a one out of five.

Well thanks for reading my viewers. I hope you enjoyed this review of "The Big Lebowski." Now make sure you continue to spread the word about this site here, and to subscribe by email in the sidebar so you know when I update the blog next. Every view helps me even more! I thank you again for your continued support here, and I hope you will continue to visit my posts here as you enjoy them. So make sure you stay tuned . . . for more.

The Motion Picture Buff

P.S. I would like to add that I want to say, "R.I.P. to Neil Armstrong, the first man to land on the moon.  My condolences go out to the family of Neil. May you rest in the heaven of stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment