Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Expendables REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the feature film "The Expendables" starring and directed by Sylvester Stallone. This film is about a team of mercenaries who are given an assignment to take out a corporate military leader and a rouge CIA operative on a Latin American island.

So lets start out with the positives in today's review shall we? Well I thought this film did a great job at being a popcorn flick. I know that might be weird to say, but I feel like that is the sole purpose of this film. It is just for all of us to see our favorite action actors together in one movie. It does a good job at just entertaining the shit out of us. I want to say though that this movie did surprise me with actually having a relevant plot. I thought this movie was going to be literally all about the action, but it didn't it had something that was somewhat relevant. Now moving onto some of the acting within this film. I did enjoy Jason Statham in this movie. I thought he did a good job with his character, along with Jet Li.

I move onto the negatives now though because this film seemed to have quite a few of them. Lets start with the main guy Stallone. Ugh he is a good actor, but nope man I can barely understand what you are trying to say. Not a huge biggy but I think in a movie I shouldn't have to deal with trying to understand what someone is saying. I also want to point out that I felt like the movie was focused just upon Stallone. I mean sure there were some other scenes with Statham, but I feel like that was just an attempt at developing characters (attempt and I mean that, just an attempt). Otherwise the camera and story seems to evolve around Stallone.Then we move onto the plot. I said above I liked how this movie had a plot, but I never said I liked the plot. It just seemed to jumpy and a mess. Then the dialogue in this movie was just slow and just didn't seem natural. Then the action scenes in this film were awesome but way to over staged and the blood in this movie didn't even look real. I feel like with these actors who have been in loads of action movies, they could have unlocked there true potential but they didn't. The visual effects in this film aren't great at all. Almost anything that you can think of that would require visual effects, you can notice that they used visual effects. One more thing I do want to mention though, is that I fell like Stallone and all these other old action movie stars are just trying to relive there glory days. They just needed a better film.

So all-in-all I really didn't enjoy this movie a whole lot (my mind would wander off during the movie). I will say though that this movie would be a good popcorn flick for one night of watching movies. So if your having a movie night and thinking of movies to rent, these movie wouldn't be too bad of choice. It isn't anything special. Just something to watch and see some badass moves. For the rating out of five, I would have to give this film a two out of five though.

Well thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this review of "The Expendables." I do want again to say thank you for helping me get over 1000 page views in exactly two months. I can believe it, to me this is truly amazing for me. I hope you continue to enjoy my posts of reviews for movies, and about the motion picture world. Make sure though you subscribe by email (in the sidebar) so you can be emailed when I upload a new post here. So stay tuned . . . for more.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment