Tuesday, August 14, 2012

War of the Worlds REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the remaking of a classic story, "War of the Worlds." This review, as you can see above, is for the 2005 film directed by Steven Spielberg. "War of the Worlds" is about how aliens planned along time ago to wipe out our world and now they are. This film follows Ray Ferrier (Tom Cruise's character) who is trying to stay alive, and also keep his two children alive with him.

Starting of this review lets talk about the positives that had come from this movie shall we? Well the visual effects were just amazing. They had gotten an Oscar nomination for it so I guess they are REALLY amazing! The sound effects were also great, and not just to my standards though too. Apparently the Academy thought so too. This film stars Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, Tim Robbins, and Justin Chatwin. They all did a fabulous job I thought in this movie. Tom Cruise seems to do a good job in every film he is in, so good job. I can see how Dakota is like one of the greatest rising young stars of my generation. She played her part perfectly, Steven Spielberg must taught her a lot making this film. Tim Robbins, I never knew he could play a part like that so well. Just absolutely believable. Then there is Justin Chatwin, to whom I have never heard of, and still to this day never heard of. He did a good job I thought. Hopefully I will see him sometime in the future.

Well now we have got to get to the negatives, because for this film there were quite a few things that had bothered me. The story line is what had really bothered me. Ugh at the end of this movie I was just like, "Nope nope, they better not do what I think they are going to do!" Guess what they did though? They did exactly what they should not have done, TWICE!!! Ugh made me so ridiculously angry because it was a halfway decent film until the end happened and those two things bothered the crap out of me. Then there was how the movie rapped up, and I was like, "Um um um NOPE!" Lets just say (without giving anything away) . . . that it was to simple. Then there was the reason of why did the aliens want to attack us? I never heard in the movie why? There had to be a reason right? Those were really the things that had bothered me, and they were just really major things for each of them.

So all-in-all this film is decent, that is what I will give it. You will enjoy watching it once, but its nothing that your going to be to excited about after. I will give it a "Rent Worthy" rating, which means its only really worth renting. If you ever think about buying it . . . don't. Trust me, you will regret it. The number rating on the scale though, I will have to give this movie a 3 out of 5.

Wel first thing I want to do in my wrap up here is that I want to apologize for the lack of reviews and information in the past weeks. I was on vacation in Norway, and had no time what so ever to do reviews, but I am back and I will be reviewing movies like crazy again. I will also be doing more "Trailer Talks" and more information on the movie industry. I want to say thank you for your continued support here on the blog also. I would like to point out before the end of this post here that the "Trailers for Upcoming Movies" tab above is now gone, and I will be introducing something better SOON! Now make sure you stay tuned for more . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment