Sunday, August 19, 2012

Friends With Kids REVIEW

The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to finally present another review for the motion picture, "Friends With Kids" which stars John Hamm, Kristen Wigg, and many others. This film is about the difficult parts of marriage with kids. It addresses what some believe that kids can ruin your happiness and love for the one you wanted to spend your whole life with.

For this review lets start out with the negatives that came with this film. Well firstly the whole film seemed to move along a path extremely fast. A better explanation would be that they would be doing this one thing and then BAM they are already onto the next part in the story. So I guess it seemed like the plot was a bit rushed. Then of course with every single romance (or romantic comedy) comes along the predictability factor of the movie. This movie is pretty predictable. I was like, "This is going to happen later on." Then guess what happened? What I had guessed. So yeah just a tad predictable, but using tad as an understatement. Then there is Megan Fox. As hot as I think she is, she really isn't a wonderful actress. She always uses the same tone for every single part she acts, and in every movie she plays the extremely hot but snotty girl. Can she even attempt a serious role?

Now we move onto the positives of this film. Well I actually enjoyed this movie a lot, it had me laughing pretty hard in some points. Then it touched my heart in some points. This movie did a really good job at explaining really what it is like with kids, and the other kind of relationships that are out there and how some fall apart. This movie takes a good look at being friends with married couples and how everything changes in any kind of relationship once there is a kid. Now for the acting in this film, well I really loved all of the lead roles performances in this film (expect Megan's of course). John Hamm, Kristen Wigg, Maya Rudolph, Adam Scott, Chris O'Dowd, Jennifer Westfeldt, and Edward Burns. I felt like all of the performances coming out of this cast did a very good job at making me believe that they were there character, which makes you enjoy the movie even more. Now I just looked to see who went and directed this movie and now I love when an actor/actress makes there own movie that they are even starred in, and even better when they make a good movie too. Jennifer Westfeldt directed, wrote, and starred in this movie. Every aspect of her involvement in this film was very good, except for the writing. She had a good story to tell with an interesting topic, just the plot could have been better. I am glad I decided to pick this movie to rent one day.

Which now leads me to the so all-in-all section here of this review. Well even though I did enjoy this movie a lot, it had a few problems with it. So I am only going to give it a rent worthy rating, along with my dat-night rating. It is a good movie to watch once with that special someone. Just rent it and cuddle up together. You both should enjoy it. On the scale out of five, I am going to have to give this film a 3 out of 5. It was an enjoyable movie but had a jumpy plot and that will bug me, plus a little bit predictable.

Well thanks for staying tuned here. I am sorry for lack of review and motion picture information (because there has been a lot in the past days). Just been busy here at home, promising to do my best at reviewing again more. Plus I am still working on a new tab for all of you to enjoy here soon. I just can't figure it out 100% yet. Takes some time. Now make sure you do stay tuned for more, I am going to try and watch some movies for review today. Thanks for your continued support and make sure you stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment