Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Lorax REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the animated film "Dr. Seuss' The Lorax" brought to you by the creators of "Despicable Me." In this film a 12-year-old boy named, Ted (voiced by Zac Efron) searches for one thing that will get him the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover first why this thing has disappeared from the town's midsts. He must hear the story of the Lorax.

Well hm, I think in this review I should start with the positives since this movie was absolutely full of them. Well the voices for the characters were just great. I mean everyone who voiced there character, made it their own character. Danny DeVito as the Lorax was great, he had an excellent voice for him. Then Ed Helms as The Once-ler was magnificent. Zac Efron, Taylor Swift (who I usually don't like AT ALL!!!), Betty White, and Rob Riggle all did a great job! They made their characters them, which I absolutely love. The messages in this film I want to talk about too! Oh they were great for kids to learn about, but what makes it greater is that the parents watching it with them (along with us young adults watching it too) it gives them a wake-up call to reality! That this is what we are doing, that this is what our life is like now. Thats what I loved about it. This movie didn't just have one message to it, which I am usually not a huge fan of to many messages in a film. In this movie though they made each one relevant and displayed them in a very good way. Now I didn't know this movie was supposed to be a musical at all, but let me just say that I am so definitely purchasing the soundtrack to this film. I think that my favorite song would have to be either the end song, "Let It Grow" or I would also pick, "How Bad Can I Be?" I just loved the songs within this film, all of the songs were so catchy. I was humming and singing to one yesterday with a friend . . . that catchy. In "The Lorax" I also really loved the story line. I thought it flowed really good, I loved the story that they told us. I really enjoyed this movie. One more thing to add is that this film isn't just a kids film to me, I think it does a really good job at making adults enjoy the movie as well as the kids. Which makes a really good kids film, so parents/babysitters will enjoy it too.

Now I only had two really negative things to say about this film. First thing was that the direction in some of the scene's was a little iffy, not horrible but just seemed a little bit unnecessary in some spots. Then the other thing that had bothered me was the ending. I felt like it was a wee bit rushed, but other than that I really have no other negatives to it.

So all-in-all this is a great kids film that adults can enjoy too on their own. I am going to have to say that it really is a must-see film, and probably one of my favorite animated films. Go ahead when you are at Wal-Mart and buy it on Blu-Ray. I can promise you shouldn't regret it. So on the scale out of five what am I going to give this film? Hm, well its going to receive a four out of five. Now go check out "The Lorax."

Well thanks for reading my review about the animated film, "Dr. Seuss' The Lorax." I hope you enjoyed. Now I hope you have taken some time to see the new tab above that is displayed as "MUST-SEE FILMS." This is not a list of all the must-see films I have reviewed for that just look in the sidebar at the labels and click the must-see films one. This tab is for you to see (so far) my TOP TEN favorite movies. I have not reviewed all these films, but I am working on it.  So go check it out, I will be adding to the list and making it TOP TWENTY movies and so on. So again thanks for reading and thanks for the continued support here. Make sure you spread the word about "The Motion Picture Buff," and check out "The Lorax" you will enjoy it! Stay tuned . . . for more to come.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment