Monday, August 20, 2012

Top Gun REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for a film in memory of Tony Scott's passing. I will be reviewing one of his most known films, "Top Gun." In this film the macho students of an elite flying school for advanced US pilots compete to become the best in the class, and one, Maverick romances the teacher.

Lets get rid of the negatives at first shall we? Well there was some really cheesy lines within this film I thought. Some lines that were just a little to cheesy for the serious tone of this film. Then there was that in some spots I thought that this movie was moving a little slowly. I felt like some scenes didn't really need to be in there. I will also say that there was a predictability factor within this film. I was watching this film with a friend of mine, and we were both guessing what was going to happen. Most of the time we were right. The last thing I would like to say is that they needed to do a little better explaining some scenes.

Now that we got that out of the way, all I can really say about this film is that it was very good. Tom Cruise excels in this film, and I can see why this was the film that had kick-started his career. Val Kilmer in this film was also great. He could really make me hate him in this film (well his character) which tells me he was doing a great job. Anthony Edwards as Goose was also just suburb. He played his part with perfection. Of course I have to get to Tony Scott's direction in this film, which I will have to say I enjoyed. There were a lot of shots of just the planes flying in the air, but he did a good job with incorporating it just right with the talking and action that was going on. Speaking of the shots with the planes in the air, flying around. Well let me just say I believe they were real right? I hope they were, and even if they weren't they did an amazing job with them. I did love hearing where all the famous quotes I have been saying for years come from. Quotes like, "I feel the need for speed." Those lines I really liked, well because I knew them for years and now I know where they came from. I also loved the songs within this film. Wow I never knew how much this movie actually brought to our lives today. Some of those songs people frequently listen to toady. As for the plot of this film, I thought it made sense and was very enjoyable. It all seemed to connect together, and the dialogue was good (of course except for things said above).

So all-in-all "Top Gun" is a very enjoyable film that anyone would really enjoy. I would recommend purchasing this film on DVD. No need to dish out the cash for the Blu-Ray version, but I am going to have to say it really is a "must-see" film because it is a classic film. People have been telling me that for years, and now that I have seen it I agree. As for the rating out of five, I will give "Top Gun" a three point five out of five rating. It was just a movie you will enjoy watching, that simple.

Well thanks for reading my latest review, I hope you have been enjoying them lately. I do of course in this review want to say, "Rest in Peace Tony Scott." It just has to be said in a review like this. Make sure you vote in the sidebar on the poll. I do want to also say thank you for all of your continued support. I have just about reached 1000 page views in JUST two months, which to me is AMAZING. So thank you, I will continue to review movie for you because I have enjoyed it, and I hope you will continue to enjoy my reviews I do for you. So make sure you stayed tuned . . . for more.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment