Monday, August 27, 2012

The Woman in Black REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for Daniel Radcliffe's first performance away from the "Harry Potter" series, "The Woman in Black." In this film a young lawyer travels to a village where he discovers the ghost of a scorned woman who is terrorizing the locals for vengeance. 

So lets talk about some negatives that came from this movie shall we? Hm, well don't get me wrong I think Daniel Radcliffe is a good actor and can so a really good job but in this film I feel like he didn't act very well. He didn't seem to give it his all. At some points he did good, when there was an action scene, but otherwise he seemed to just be there and read lines. Then there is the scary parts to this film, well yes this movie did freak the hell out of me but in the end they were just silly scares that got to me (jump scares). I feel like those shouldn't be the basis of a scary movie, and I feel in this movie that they were all I really got scared at. Then at some points I feel like the movie was slow, and this isn't particularly a long movie. 

Well now there is some positives that of course came from this film. I thought the screenplay, done by Jane Goldman, was very good indeed. I was interested about the story throughout the whole film, and I felt like it did the story justice in the end. It didn't leave you with any questions. The other thing I did like was that the suspense that leads up to scary parts were very good. It kept you on the back edge of your seat (trying not to look and getting away), and it did it in a well enough fashion. I do also like how "The Woman in Black" was just creepy. The whole film, and the lady was just creepy. It did a good job at keeping you think . . . "What the hell is wrong with this lady, and what the heck is she doing this for?" Like I said with the screenplay earlier they do a great job explaining it. They had also kept true to what they said earlier in the film, which made me enjoy the ending even more. So I thought they did a good job with the ending. Now moving onto the acting of this film. Like I said above I thought at times Daniel Radcliffe could do a good job. Who I loved most in this film though was . . . Ciaràn Hinds as Mr. Daily. He did an absolute fabulous job in this film I believe, and as I always say, "He made me think he was really truly that character, and that is what makes a good actor." 

So all-in-all I am going to have to say that this film would be good for a scary movie night, because trust me after watching this movie for the first time you aren't going to fall asleep easily. It is just creepy. So if your having a scary movie night this film would be a good one to pick up at Redbox, or head to your local movie rental place and give it a shot. I can promise you will get creeped out. So on the scale out of five what am I going to rate this film? Well I can give it a three point five out of five.  

Now thanks for reading, I really do appreciate every single view upon my blog here. Make sure you vote in the poll though (in the sidebar). You only have a couple more days to do so before a new one. You can also subscribe by email (in the sidebar as well) so you will be emailed when I update the blog next. Now thank you . . . again for reading. Now make sure you stay tuned . . . for more.

The Motion Picture Buff 

No comments:

Post a Comment