Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present the final installment in the reviews of "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy." In "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," Aragorn leads the World of Men against Sauron's army to draw back the dark lord's gaze from Frodo and Sam who are on the doorsteps of Mount Doom with the One Ring.

Well we might as well get the few negatives out of the way shall we? First thing that had bothered me I guess with this film is that it seemed a bit more jumpy with all its different stories at one point. In the pervious film, it did it really well but I noticed in this film it was not as good. Then there is the how it seemed to end like three times. I was watching this movie with a friend (he had already seen it) so I was  like its done already, oh wait never mind. Then again I was like, is it nearing the end, oh WAIT nope there is more. Then the ending for me at least seemed SOOOOOO slow. Which had also bothered me. Then again the same thing as in the previous two reviews, the character Sam still annoyed me. Plus Elijah Wood in this film I still hated.

That is it though, I have nothing but good things from here on out to say about this film. I thought I hated these movies, but I stand corrected . . . I just don't really like the first film all that much. This film was just great. The action in this film was bloody epic. Visual effects again did a really good job, but I mean for the time it was in. That one part had me freaked out and I usually don't freak out for those things at all. I wonder what my friend would do watching this film. Gollum was just better than ever, which made me LOVE the beginning of this film because it gave us a deeper look at him. Plus he was also just creepier, especially nearer the end! I was just like WHAT!?! The acting in this film was just good as usual. I thought everyone did a fantastic job. They just made me believe they were there character which is a very good thing. The music again like the first film, I just loved! I am for sure going to have to pick these soundtracks by, Howard Shore, on iTunes as soon as I can. Peter Jackson still continued to amaze me with these films. I went into these thinking I hated them because last time I remember watching them I was extremely bored. I was with the first a little bit, but the last two kept me on the edge of my seat which I love. So great job for Peter Jackson, for making yet another great film. It is no wonder that this film won 11 Academy Awards. All I can say is that they definitely deserve each one, because I really did like this movie.

So all-in-all this movie is a movie you might want to see, but in order to do so you must see the first two. So I can't say it is a must-see film because that would mean I would have to rate the other two films that also, but I did not feel that way about them. I can say that I would recommend purchasing this film though. You might want to enjoy it for a popcorn flick one night. On the scale out of five what would I give it? Well I am going to have to give it a four out of five rating.

Well thanks for reading the reviews of "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy." I have enjoyed watching them and reviewing them. I didn't plan for this to be a movie marathon day, but it turned out to be one because they were that good. I would have to say about each one though that they are worth watching once. So make sure if you get the chance to watch them. You should enjoy them, pretty much anyone I know loves them. Again though thanks for reading and make sure you stay tuned . . . for more.

The Motion Picture Buff

P.S. Rest in Peace Tony Scott :'( 

No comments:

Post a Comment