Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Heat REVIEW


Hello everyone . . . sorry about the delay in this review. It has just been one busy week for me, but lets just get straight to this review shall we? Today I would like to present a review for the 2013 summer comedy, The Heat. This film stars two amazing actresses: Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. In this movie Sandra plays an uptight and know-it-all FBI agent who must team up with a local Boston Police Officer, Melissa' character, to stop a ruthless and violent drug lord. 

First of I want to mention how freaking hilarious this movie is. Oh my goodness, you will be laughing all the way through this movie. The humor isn't that stupid and annoying obvious humor. It is some darn right good writing that you will enjoy for being creative with it. Sandra and Melissa do an amazing job in this film. They take each one of their characters to a whole level of there own, and you are emerged into their characters. You actually do care about them and you want to see them succeed. Sandra and Melissa as a pair together are just absolutely perfect. They have some of the best chemistry in a movie I have ever seen. I would like to see them in another movie together, and this dream does come true because, The Heat 2, has actually been announced so I will be excited to see where they are going to take that. This movie didn't leave it up for another one, but you know how with buddy cop movies, if it does we'll, or is well liked, that they will make a series out of it. An example of this situation would be the Rush Hour series, which actually are pretty good ones. 

Moving on in this review I want to mention a few things about this movie. As I said the acting was great between the leads. The rest of the cast it enjoyable. Of course they are nothing special, but each other scene with these characters have there funny moments to convey. Mentioning that I would say that this movie is a little choppy. What I mean by that, is that each scene that this movie includes serves a purpose and sometimes the purpose is just to convey a joke or a crucial piece to the main plot, but then cut quick to the next scene to convey that next thing. It doesn't take its time in telling the story, and doesn't in my opinion flow smoothly. That being said this movie is still damn enjoyable. If you don't laugh at least once throughout this movie, something is wrong with you. 

The Heat does drag on a little bit with its story and the movie as a whole. There are a couple points where it could have wrapped up a little bit sooner and the movie would have been a little shorter, but yet you still enjoy the humor in those scenes. Now the last couple things I want to mention in the end of this review are the direction and the cinematography. Now yeah its the boring part of a movie that no one really cares about, but with some movies I can notice where I really do enjoy it and then where I do not. I think Paul Feig is a great comedic director. He has done many in his past, one of his most notable is the comedy, Bridesmaids. With this movie he has done a pretty good job at capturing the humor that we all love. Lastly now, Robert D. Yeoman, was the director of photography for this film, and I think the camera angles where just right for this film. In my opinion I just think the way we got the look at our characters can really help, where as if it wasn't enjoyable.

Concluding and wrapping up this review, I mainly want to convey that, The Heat, was an absolute hilarious film that anyone and everyone should see. Sandra and Melissa have amazing chemistry together and you will be laughing the whole way through. It might have some slow points, but it is still a great movie. For the ratings I am going to give it a must-see film rating for sure. You won't regret it. Is it buy on Blu-Ray worthy though? Why yes of course it is. It just snagged that rating, if you don't have the money and really want to get it go ahead you won't be missing to much with purchasing on DVD, I am just saying that it is worth the price of a Blu-Ray. Now for the rating out of ten stars. I will give The Heat a 7/10 star rating. 

The Heat is one of the funniest movies that came out this year, it is actually right behind This is the End in my opinion. Well I hope you enjoyed this review. It might not be my best, I am just spitting this out without proofreading to give you all a review because it has been awhile since one. I will try and do one again tomorrow morning though and a better quality one as well. So make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon. 

Noah Mark Bitney 

No comments:

Post a Comment