Monday, October 14, 2013

This is the End REVIEW


As promised the Motion Picture Buff would like to present another review today. This second review is of the 2013 comedy starring James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogan, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, and Craig Robinson, This is the End. In this film James Franco is hosting a party that everyone is invited to. While attending the party the end of the world begins, and these comedy lords must learn how to live together and find a way to live in this demon infested world.

Now usually I am not a huge fan of comedy. I hate pointless stupid comedies, but This is the End is not a pointless comedy. This movie was so enjoyable I was laughing the whole way through. Comedies are usually overdone and just literally not funny. In This is the End, the comedy was enjoyable and it actually made me laugh and smile. Normally I hate 50% of the cast in this movie, but actually I did not hate one person in this movie. I enjoyed each one of their performances. It might be because they were making fun of themselves instead of trying to be funny in another way. Each actor/actress in this film is playing themselves instead of a certain character, this makes the film so freaking funny. Micheal Cera plays a complete douché in this film. It makes it funny because when seeing the roles he plays you would never guess that it would be how Micheal Cera acts. I am sure that it isn't how he acts in real life, but it helps the movie be more funny. One last thing about the cast I would like to mention is that they all have amazing chemistry together. I can really see all these guys hanging out in real life, it really works for this movie.

Moving on in this review is the story. The premise behind the movie is great, and the storyline works for a movie of this comedy. I mean sure there are plot holes in the movie and sure it isn't like Oscar worthy, but the plot works for this movie. The nice thing about comedies is that it doesn't have to be a perfect story, it just works for what it is. The other thing I wanted to mention about the story is that I like how it sort of centers around Jay Baruchel and Seth Rogan's relationship. You would never expect it and throughout the whole movie it makes it even funnier.

So there are a few more things about this movie I would like to mention these would include, the cameo's, the music, and the special effects. For starters then . . . the cameo's. In this movie there are a bunch of famous actor/actress's in this film. The main part of the film centers around the six mentioned in the script above. Other than those six there are a few people who really stand out though. I mentioned one above which is Micheal Cera. I absolutely LOVE Emma Watson in this movie. It is hilarious after seeing her play Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films. The last cameo I want to mention is Channing Tatum in this film. I do not want to spoil to much more about Channing Tatum's role in this film, but I will say when you see him . . . you will laugh your ASS off. Next I wanted to mention that the music choices for this movie added to the comedy. Near the end the one song was seriously the GREATEST choice ever! So finally I wanted to mention the special effects in this movie. Lets just say this movie probably didn't have a huge budget for special effects. The special effects were SO fake, but actually in a way it did work for the film. It is hard to explain but the bad speical effects for some reason added something to the movie I just cannot describe.

Now summing up this review I have got to say that this film is HILARIOUS in ever single way. I was not irritated in anyway, which I usually am with comedies. This is the End was for sure the funniest movie of 2013 so far. It is a MUST-SEE film for sure as well. This is the End for surely would be an absolute perfect popcorn movie night film. Need a funny movie to watch some night? This movie works perfectly, and if you have seen it before it still works because it is just that funny. When buying this movie though . . . make sure you buy it on Blu-Ray, it is worth the money. As for the rating, This is the End, deserves a strong 9/10 star rating.

Well I hope you have enjoyed this review of This is the End. It is a good movie and I give my recommendation. Have you been enjoying my blogs so far? Please leave your comments in the comments section below. Thanks again everyone for reading. I promise to continue my reviews. So make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment