Wednesday, October 9, 2013

TRAILER OF THE WEEK: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty


Well hello my fellow readers! As I was trying to figure out what trailer to pick for this week's, TRAILER OF THE WEEK, I decided to reinterate one of my old traditions. If you have been with, THE MOTION PICTURE BUFF, from the beginning you will remember my old blog posts called Trailer Talk. For an example . . . click HERE. Anyways in, Trailer Talk, I pick a random/new trailer to talk about in depth.

Now this is not going to be the same as my old trailer talks. Instead I am going to link it with my, TRAILER OF THE WEEK, item I do every Wednesday. I will still talk about why I like this trailer, what intrigued me, and continue to talk in depth about it. The only serious change is that this is going to do with the, TRAILER OF THE WEEK. There might be an important trailer every once in awhile that I might want to talk about later or sometime else in the week, when that happens I will call is Trailer Talk though. This new segment is going to be called TRAILER OF THE WEEK, and dedicated to only the current TRAILER OF THE WEEK. Well shall we get started now?

This week's, TRAILER OF THE WEEK, is for a movie do out this Christmas season and stars Ben Stiller and Kristen Wigg. The film is question is called, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. It is based off a short story written by James Thurber, and is about an office worker who lives inside fantasy worlds where he gets to live and adventurous life while romancing his co-worker sets off a global journey to fix things when both of their jobs are threatened (source: IMDb). This film is directed by Ben Stiller and is a remake of a 1947 film.

So why did I pick this film to be this week's TRAILER OF THE WEEK? Firstly I want to say that it was the first trailer I picked out to watch. I was just captivated by the story that I said, "Yep this is going to be this week's trailer." Secondly the trailer didn't convey that much information like most trailers do today. It left me with questions and leaving me with wanting more. I went to IMDb after and looked it up and read more about it. It looks kind of good, but I could see the movie being really bad as well. I might see it in theaters but lets just say that it has spiked my interest. I am definitely adding it to my watchlist. I love Kristen Wigg and she would just be a perk about this movie.

In summary, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, is a movie coming out on December 25th, 2013. It is a movie that I am genuinely interested in. The story seems interesting enough, and it takes a interesting story to really catch my attention in a trailer. I do normally HATE Ben Stiller, but I am going to give him a chance with this movie. So check out the trailer in the sidebar.

Oh and one last thing before I go, stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment