Friday, October 11, 2013

Iron Man 3 REVIEW


To catch up with all the currently released Avenger films, the Motion Picture Buff would like to present his review of Iron Man 3. In this film Tony Stark's world is torn apart when he threatens the terrorist, the Mandarin. He has to build himself from the ground up to try and stop this merciless villain.

As so of you might know, I am a huge Iron Man fan. I loved the first film, was a little disappointed with the second, and The Avengers is one of my favorite movies of all time. Now back in May, Iron Man 3, hit theaters and I absolutely was thrilled with this movie. I saw this film at midnight and in IMAX 3D, so it was pretty darn epic. Since then though I have seen the movie countless times, since it is now out on Blu-Ray and DVD. Why was I so thrilled with this movie? Well that is easy because it was a nice and extremely enjoyable ride back to Tony Stark's story and just Tony's story. Robert Downey Jr. is one of my favorite actors out there right now, and he just kills it again as cocky badass Tony Stark. In every film Robert Downey Jr. is in he really just consumes himself into his role. I don't see Robert Downey Jr. being a quite awkward person, I see him as Tony Stark. This makes him perfect for the role. The other actor/actresses in this film like, Guy Pearce, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rebecca Hall, and others did a great job. This film has a great cast and makes the film so much more enjoyable. Even the child star in this film did a good job, and I usually hate the little kid actors within films like this.

Now there are a few things I want to touch on in this review. The first being director Shane Black. Jon Favreau directed the first two Iron Man films. In this film Shane Black brought something to Iron Man that I just absolutely loved to be honest. There was a darker tone to it, and the way he told this story was just great. I was very happy with Shane Black's direction for Iron Man 3. I will be honest I was nervous before the movie, but now having seen the movie I can't complain.

Moving on I do want to talk about the story of this film. A lot of people have gripes saying that it is a lot like Pixar's The Incredibles, what I have to say to this is that a lot of movies are like a lot of other movies out there. Its hard not to have some similarities to other movies now a days. There are just so many movies out there. The next thing with the story is there is a point half-way through the film where the movie takes a direction that most would advise against. Most people hate what they did, but personally I absolutely loved it. I would have never seen it coming, and I love when a movie completely throws you for a loop. It just made the movie so much more enjoyable.

Next I would like to talk about  the special effects in the movie. In some scenes they were really good, and in others they weren't the best. I noticed that when they were battling scenes between the suits and Killian's army, the special effects excelled. When the helicopter is blowing up Tony's house though, there are a few times were everything looks CGI and extremely fake. I felt it took away from the experience a little bit. In talking about the suits though I do want to say the end fight was probably the most badass Iron Man scene ever, I freaking loved it. I was entertaining and extremely enjoyable. The last 30 minutes of this movie is just complete awesomeness. If you didn't or don't like it, something is seriously wrong with you.

One last thing I did want to touch on is that the music/score of this film is perfect. Brian Taylor did a great job with coming up of a theme for this movie. I can find myself humming it long after I have finished the movie. It is going to be one of those soundtracks I will have to buy.

Summing up this review (dragged on a bit) I would say that Iron Man 3 is a solid addition to the Iron Man films. It has a good story to it, with amazing actors to help portray some awesome characters. IT has all the twists and action you could ever hope for. You had better buy this film on Blu-Ray when you decided to watch it because it is a must-see film! It is also a perfect popcorn movie night film, so keep that in mind. For the rating I will give Iron Man 3, a solid 8/10 star rating.

Well I hope you have enjoyed this review of Iron Man 3. For my review of other Avenger films click there names HERE: Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captian America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers. Well stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

Noah Mark Bitney

No comments:

Post a Comment