Monday, September 17, 2012

Titanic REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to divert for a little bit from the reviews of the "Harry Potter" series, and review one of his TOP TEN MUST-SEE FILMS, "Titanic" written and directed by James Cameron. In this film a boy and girl that come from oppostie ends of the social class meet during the ill-fated journey of the RMS Titanic.

Firstly I want to say that if you have not seen this movie . . . how dare you! So, obviously I am starting with the positives first for this review. I can 250% understand why this movie got its 11 Oscars on Oscar night that night. This film is just beautiful in every single aspect. The direction and camera angles are just beautiful and everything. It captures and sucks you into the story in such a fantastic way that you don't want the film to end even though it is three hours long. Which leads me into the screenplay/story-line of this film. Oh my god I don't think I have ever loved one more. Oh it is just absolutely beautiful the way James Cameron took this movie with the script. You know the ending right off the bat, and yet your sitting there hoping it won't, but it is inevitable. James Cameron was involved in almost every aspect of this film and I am glad he was. It was defiantly his baby, and one of my ALL-TIME favorite movies. Moving off James Cameron though, lets talk about the music (or score) of "Titanic." James Horner this is probably one of the first of your works I have heard . . . before I saw "Braveheart" and let me say your a genius. This album is a definite must-buy. He just adds to the movie in a way that is unimaginable. Okay before I move onto acting I want to say this . . . I could watch this movie forever and never get bored . . . it may be number six on my MUST-SEE MOVIES LIST, but it is the only movie I could never stop watching. Now acting in this film is outstanding and there are so many great actor in this film and to make sure I do not leave any one out I am not going to mention anyone. The whole cast of this film does an outstanding job and that is all I have to say here. I just don't want to leave a single cast member out when I say that everyone was MADE for there part. They all made me believe in such a great and well made movie. So thank you to all the cast and crew for creating such a great movie.

Of course though there has to be a negative. I have only one thing to say really that is a main thing which is the fact that the love story within this film is just SUPER SUPER cheesy and kind of annoying. Only really negative of this film.

So all-in-all "Titanic" is going to get the ratings of theses: date-night movie, Blu-Ray buy worthy, must-see film, and a tour-de-force. It is just one of those movies that everyone has to see in there life-time. So on the scale out of five "Titanic" is going to get a four point five out of five.

Well thank you for reading the "Motion Picture Buff's" review of James Cameron's "Titanic." I hope that you have enjoyed it and will stay tuned for more. One thing I do want to say before I end this review is that make sure you subscribe by email in the sidebar on the right, so you can be emailed when I update the blog next. Thanks again though, and now make sure you stay tuned for more . . . coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment