Monday, October 1, 2012

Looper REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would finally like to present a review for the feature film, "Looper." This movie takes place in the year 2044. Thirty years into the future when the mob wants to eliminate someone they send the mark back in time to the "Looper's." Joe (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a "Looper" but one day he realizes that the mob wants to close the loop by sending back Joe's future self.

Well lets start out with the positives of "Looper." Well what can I say, "HOLY CRAP!" This movie was fantastic. I enjoyed it even though you go into this movie not expecting what you get. It is just one of those movies where you have to be completely engaged into it to understand. Movies that I freaking love. This movie also has twists to it that you never would have guessed, and it really just does take you on a terrific ride. While on the topic lets talk about the plot/screenplay created by Rian Johnson (who also directed). GREAT job is all I can say. It creates characters that you actually care about. This movie has an amazing plot to it along with a great premise and it will just not disappoint. It explains everything in the end, and does not leave you confused. The twists I mentioned above are just incredible and just SO unpredictable. Actually a story to go along with this. I was waiting for the movie to start outside the theater with a friend and I completely made a random guess as what was going to happen in the end, and I WAS RIGHT! I felt like a super genius. When it happened I looked at my friend and he just laughed. Unpredictable guess and completely random but I got it right. Anyway back to the review, the direction of the film by Rian Johnson was also great. He did a great job with all the action sequences. He just keeps you interested in the film and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The acting within the film is WONDERFUL. Joseph Gordon-Levitt I swear gives the performance of his career. I loved him in this film and he really transformed into Joe. Bruce Willis as "older" Joe, was GREAT. He was incredible with his acting in this film. Especially with what he had to do in the two scenes. It was really believable that he could be the older Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I though them two also had great chemistry with each scene they are in together. Then there is Emily Blunt who does a great job as Sara. What I am going to say here is HOLY SHIT I had no idea she could act. Wonderful performance as a mother of a child. Speaking of which, Pierce Gagnon, played Sid, who was a key character to the story. He did great and played the part perfectly. Everyone else involved in this film too did a great job. Now this film has a telekinetic theme to it, which at first I though was going to rate the movie down, but in reality they pulled it off with this film.

So are there negatives to this truly engaging film? Well I am going to have to say that there are some points where I find the movie moves a little slow and needs to pick up its pace.

So all-in-all a VERY enjoyable film that you have to make sure your focused on. It will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time! Now this film is for SURE a must-see film and it of course then gets a Blu-ray buy worthy rating. Along with that it is going to get a popcorn flick rating. As for the rating out of five, "Looper" deserves a worthy 4.5/5 rating.

Well I hope you enjoyed this review of "Looper" and that is encourages you to go see it. Now make sure you vote on the poll in the sidebar before its to late. More reviews are coming soon though so make sure you stay tuned for more.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment