Monday, July 30, 2012

Monsters VS Aliens REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the animated feature film "Monsters VS Aliens" which was released in 2009. This film is about a woman who on her wedding day is struck by a meteor and is turned into a giant human being with amazing strength. The U.S. government steps in and makes her part of a secret team of monsters. They are then needed to solve a certain alien problem that could threaten the world.

Well for this review lets start out with the positives. Well I thought that this movie was genuinely funny, I mean yeah sure there were some spots that could be shove down your throat, but it was good stupid funny though. I loved how Hugh Laurie voiced an AWESOME monster in this film, I thought his voice fitted it perfectly. I loved the president character in this film (voiced by Stephen Colbert). Rainn Wilson in this movie to was just perfect. Seth Rogan as B.O.B was great also, loved his laugh and his voice just fit the character along with Will Arnett as "The Missing Link." Whoever chose the cast to voice these characters, "Props to you!" The story line of this film was decent. Seemed not to be sure where it was going but all-in-all it was decent. The animation was good too. Lets just say if your a parent and wondering if your kid will enjoy this movie along with you? Well pick up this movie at the rental place of your choice.

Negatives to this film? Yes there are of course, in no way is this movie perfect. As mentioned above it could be a little over the top in funny in some spots. The movie tries (in spots) to hard to be 3D. Then there is Reese Witherspoon who I don't like for a voice as her character. Kind of bothered me, but then the real bother of this film which is supposed to be a kids film, well where is the message for kids? There was a message for adults (kind of) but no message for a kid to understand? I believe that every movie should have a point to it.

So all-in-all a kid film that you and the kids will enjoy. No need to go buy it though really, just pick it up at the rental place (like I said above). You should gets some laughs out of you, I did with some spots. For its rating, I am going to have to give it a 3 out of 5. So need a movie to rent, this one is worth checking out.

Well thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this review of "Monsters VS Aliens." I said yesterday that I would have a new type of post up for you, I didn't get around to it. I do want to say that I am working on it, and I just want to make sure it is perfect so make sure you stay tuned for that. I do have a message for you though, but not until tomorrow night will I tell you. Thanks again for reading and giving me your support here. I hope you continue to enjoy my reviews. Stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment