Monday, July 16, 2012

The Dark Knight REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to preset a review for Christopher Nolan's second installment in the Batman Trilogy, "The Dark Knight." In this film, Batman meets a villain he doesn't fully understand, the Joker.

Well lets get the minor negatives out of the way shall we because most likely you guessed that I freaking love this movie. So major thing I want to mention is that most of the action in this film does seem a bit to choreographed again, worse than "Batman Begins." It just kind of bothers me a bit. Now a minor thing is that there is this one scene on a rooftop that the dialogue seems a bit to unnatural. It just they are on one topic then jut to the next and then jut again to another. Bothers me a little. Now one more thing really was that the girl that had to replace Katie Holmes I do not like as much. I know they had no chance, but I really did not like Maggie Gyllenhaal in this film. She just did not perform as well as everyone else was in this film. So there were probably the only negatives, yes even an EPICLY GREAT movie like "The Dark Knight" has to have some negatives I am afraid.

Now for the many positives though because like I said, this film is freaking INCREDIBLE! Going to say this right now, this is defiantly a movie that is on your must-see film list (if you are one of the few who have not seen it). I am going to start off with Heath Ledger's performance in this film. Three words, "OH MY GOD!" He does an incredible job as the joker, seriously him as the joker has to be the best acting I have ever seen within a film. He 1000% deserved the Oscar he got in 2009. I would like to say it was a performance of a generation. I still think to this day that he has done the greatest job in a film. Now for the other acting parts. Well its basically the same people from "Batman Begins" and they do a great job just like before, if not better. The only added main person was Aron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two-Face, and I thought he did a suburb job as well. Christopher Nolan must bring out the best acting in actors/actresses. He literally did an amazing job with this film. Camera angles, writing the film (except that one part above), and just making a film we all enjoy. The plot of the whole movie just made sense it connected logically and perfectly. Oh and I LOVE how he started this film. A very intense beginning for a film people were anxiously waiting for after the first installment. Again I want to say that Hans Zimmer did an incredible job with the score for "The Dark Knight" as he did with "Batman Begins." So a huge thanks to everyone involved in this film for creating a movie that I thoroughly will enjoy over and over again. It still keeps me on the end of my seat every time I watch it.

Well as I said above this film is 100% a must-see film that you have to 100% buy on Blu-Ray (if you own one). A huge popcorn flick one night, and make sure you watch this before you see "The Dark Knight Rises" this coming weekend! Now for the rating that it deserves. Well I can only give it a 4/5, but being a GREAT film it is a good rating for it. I still say WATCH IT NOW! So make sure you check it out.

Now remember (for Batman fans waiting for my "The Dark Knight Rises" review) I will be going at midnight to see it, and when I get home that night I will review it for you to read and see how EPIC it really is. I do want to say thanks for reading, please spread the word about "The Motion Picture Buff" blog. It really does help me, and it will keep me doing more reviews for all of you to read. Make sure you see what movies I might review next HERE. Now make sure you stay tuned for more motion picture things . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

In memory of Heath Ledger, thank you for an amazing performance . . . rest in peace. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Freakin Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete