Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ferris Bueller's Day Off REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to review the film called, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" which stars Matthew Brodrick as you obviously saw above. Well the basic plot of this film is that Ferris (Matthew's character) skips school for the day, and in which the movie follows his adventure for the day. Now I know this film is a classic, and loads of people love this movie more than others. Here is what I have to day about this film though . . .

To start off this review lets talk about the positives I have to say about this film. Hmmm . . . well I really loved the lesson of this movie, what the movie was trying to say to us. It is a good life lesson that I want to live by for the rest of my life, and it is a lesson everyone in the world should live by. That message is that we should learn to enjoy the world as it is, and take in simple joys that come of it. Like I like to say grab life as it comes at you because you never know how much time you have. Another thing I liked was the performance by Alan Ruck. I feel like he did an amazing job in the film, the whole way through too, which I love by the way. One last thing I have to say for positives now, which was that it made me laugh a couple times

Really though that was it for positives for this film. Negatives we shall get to now. Well it was completely and utterly ridiculous. I realize that this movie is made to make us laugh, but I hate that kind of humor where they are shoving it down your throats. Humor should be natural really in my opinion. Okay until you see the next set of capital letters it will be a SPOILER ALERT: In the end, there is no way in hell that any kind in any world would get away with all the stuff he just got away with. So it lost points for that. END OF SPOILER ALERT! I hate when Matthew was talking to the camera. I hate when movies do that. It requires no acting at all in my opinion. Just looking at camera and reading off lines (which were probably behind the camera). Which leads me to Matthew's performance which was good and bad throughout the film. He would do good and then bad, which angers me. Then Ferris's sister character was just annoying throughout the film, no good at all. I do want to say again though all of it, the whole plot was just absolutely ridiculous. Like I said above, I liked the message but I want to say that it was just poorly conceived in this film. Especially all the sympathy and concern over Ferris (if you have seen the movie you will get what I am saying there). It was just dumb and UGH.

So all-in-all you don't need to ever seen this movie. If people say you are missing out because you haven't seen it, well simply they are lying to you. If you need a last-minute rent though, well then I guess you could pick it. You might enjoy it, but I sure as heck didn't. For it's rating I am going to have to give it a 1.5/5. I just really didn't enjoy it at all. Yes I know its a classic film, but nope not a classic in my eyes.

Well first thing I want to say here in my conclusion is sorry. I have been busy with work, friends, and family to make time for a review. Today and tomorrow though I will be creating more reviews and some other things I want to bring to the blog here for fun. I hope your going to enjoy them. Now thanks for reading, I hope you continue to enjoy my posts as I continue to enjoy writing them. I hope you have been spreading the word about the blog, and the way it looks you have. I want to say thanks to everyone who has viewed the blog here because I never thought I would have over 800 page-views in a little over a month. Makes me extremely happy to see that. Now though make sure you stay tuned for more coming soon . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment