Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Charlie St. Cloud REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the feature film "Charlie St. Cloud" which stars Zac Efron. In this film Charlie (Zac's Character) has to learn to let go of his brother, to movie on in life, who died in a car accident with Charlie at the wheel.

For this review lets start with the positives shall we? Well I think that Zac Efron did a pretty good job with his crying/sad scenes, when he cried it seemed (to me) totally believable. I thought Amanda Crew as Charlie's love interest in this film did a good job, along with some other actors within the film that weren't all important. They just seemed to do a good job though I thought. Now I liked the premise of this film quite a bit. I like what it is trying to tell, so its message to us the watcher really. I do have more to say about that later in the review though. This movie did happen to touch my heart in some ways, so I give them some props for that. Oh I would also like to say that I did like the chemistry between Zac and Amanda. They seemed to have beautiful chemistry. I do want to include that I liked Zac and Charlie Tahan (played the character of Charlie St. Cloud's brother Sam) chemistry as well. They really did seem like two brothers, which was good.

Now there were quite a few things that I have to say against this film though. Like I had said above, I did like the premise of this film, but I didn't like the entire way it was all brought out. I guess I felt like this movie was extremely slow in some spots, and that some things (scenes I guess) weren't really necessary. Like there is this one scene near the end that I guess they could have cut out, because it never really helped tell the story at all. Just a pointless scene. I didn't really like the acting from Charlie Tahan. I feel like they could have had some other kid that could have done better (except chemistry with Zac). I do not like a movie that has a quick love story in it. Like when they meet and get to know each other for the first time in there lives, and then they are 100% fully in love. I mean yeah there is such thing as love at first sight, but nope not like this. So that kind of bothered me as well. I do also want to point out that this movie can be a bit confusing in parts, and can just be plain weird with some of Zac and Charlie's scenes. I mean yeah this movie is centered on letting go of someone you loved, but I think this movie stretches that just a little bit too far for my taste I guess.

So all-in-all what is this movie going to get for a rating? Well if you are spending sometime with a girl/boyfriend, this movie might be a good watch (for the girls to enjoy guys). On the scale it is only going to be able to get a 2.5 out of 5. So a good date-night movie, but not really a movie anyone needs to see. You will live without seeing it, your not missing anything I promise. If you have seen it though comment below and let me know what you thought of this film?

Well thanks for reading the review here, and reading the blog in the past month that it has been open now! I hope you have a chance to check out the other parts of the blog here! Oh, do make sure (if you have seen "The Dark Knight Rises") that you vote on the poll. I also ask you to spread the word about the blog here (if you enjoyed it) to your friends, family, or jus anyone! It helps me out tremendously. Thanks again though, and make sure you stay tuned for more . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment