Wednesday, July 11, 2012

2001: A Space Odyssey REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the classic film, "2001: A Space Odyssey." This film is about a team set out to research more on a mysterious object found buried upon the lunar surface. Well shall we talk about this film?

Lets talk about the positives first today about this film. For starters I really could only find a few of them. I know this movie is very well critically acclaimed, but for god knows what reason I HATED THIS FILM!!! Ugh I realize almost everyone loves this film but not me. This is supposed to be about the positives though. So the only really think I liked was the message or the plot of the film: which was about trying to find out more about aliens within our universe. Only real thing I liked, besides music (but more on that below) otherwise . . .

This film was extremely boring. Ugh there were these scenes where it was just a ship moving within space. Nothing happened really at all. They were just long boring, and in my eyes completely pointless and just dragged the movie on forever! I do want to say though before I finish the review, I never watched the whole movie, WAY TO BORING! I read about what happens, and I still feel like the movie never would have picked up at all. Just seemed to last forever those long pointless scenes, especially the ones in space and with the apes. One thing I do want to say too is that the music for some scenes just seemed to be extremely overdramatic for the certain scene. Don't get me wrong, I loved the score but I feel like it didn't fit this movie at all. Ugh and just again so slow of movie, I felt like nothing ever happened the hour and half I watched. With the synopsis I read I still feel like I missed nothing. So this really is the first movie I really never finished, and I couldn't it was SO boring. If you have never seen it and don't believe me, try it yourself. Fair warning though you will be extremely bored with it by 10 minutes in.

Well now you are probably wondering what the rating of this movie will be right? Well I am giving it and UGH never watch and on the scale it will be getting a 1/5. Don't go rent, buy, or ever watch it is just extremely boring. Just get the soundtrack, a really good one it is.

Well thanks for reading, you are now even closer to becoming a "Motion Picture Buff" too. I want to mention that I really wanted to watch this film to the end, but literally I couldn't it was just literally the most boring thing I have ever read, it only gets a 1/5 because of the soundtrack and plot (even though it was portrayed terribly). So don't think I never not watch the whole film, I do just not this boring thing Now make sure you have subscribed by email so you know when I update the blog next with another review or important information in the motion picture world. Comment below on your thoughts about this film too if you have seen it. One more time now, thanks again for reading, and stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment