Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Kung Fu Panda 2 REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the second installment in the Kung Fu Panda series, "Kung Fu Panda 2." The main theme of this film is about Po trying to find out who he really is, where did he come from? I am going to give 'Kung Fu Panda 2" a 7/10 rating. It was really good and funny (I really enjoyed it), but there were a few things that had bothered me.

Lets talk about the positives first shall we, change it up a bit from my most recent  reviews. Well the first thing I want to say is props to Gary Oldman voicing the character of Shen. I just looked that up, and WOW I knew I loved whoever was voicing him, but that is freaking awesome that it was Gary Oldman. So good job to him. Oh and good job to the writers for creating an great villain. I really like the comedic timing in this movie along with it jokes it brought along with them. Very funny and very well done. That brings us to the plot of this film, which I liked. I have more to say though about it below. Continuing on though, I really liked the look of the animation in this film. Everything looked really cool and nice, if you know what I mean. Like some animated movies had terrible animation, but this one was very good. I really liked how the made Tigress softer in this film. It says that even the toughest people do have feelings. Saying this leads me to the message of the film, which kind of has multiple messages. I really liked them, they teach kids a lesson is what a good kids film should do.

Now though we get to the negatives of the film. I said above that I liked the plot, yes I liked it but in my opinion it didn't flow very well. I mean one second they are focused on this problem, something happens, no time to think about it, and BAM they are doing something else. It just seemed to move along very fast, like I said, "It didn't flow well." Thats my opinion though. That happened a couple times in the film so it kind of bothered me. Oh and then there is the end battle, what is it with movies lately with building up to the end battle between good and evil, and then having there battle between them be really short. So it lost a point there.

Otherwise, all-in-all a very good family film! It has a great message for little kids. If you want a good popcorn flick with your family that has a laugh, then this film is a must-see. It gets a high average rating of a 7/10.

Well thanks for reading, you are now one step closer to being a "Motion Picture Buff." If you have seen this movie please your thoughts on it in the comments section below. You can even email me HERE about it if you want. Now, make sure you subscribe by email to the blog in the sidebar, and also vote on the poll. Stay tuned though because more reviews and movie information are coming soon.

The Motion Picture Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment