Monday, July 16, 2012

Batman Begins REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" which brought Batman back to the big screen. This film is a reboot of the classic tale of Bruce Wayne who is a vigilante known as Batman. "Batman Begins" explains who Bruce Wayne is and why he becomes the famous hero. Christian Bale, Micheal Caine, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Morgan Freeman, and Gary Oldman are some of the actor/actresses in this film. Enough information about this film though, lets get to the review of this film.

Well almost every film in the world has some negatives (even a badass movie like "Batman Begins"), so lets go over the few negatives of this film. Well I want to point out that I really never like the kid who played eight year old Bruce Wayne. Yes I realize he is a child, but still there is a lot of great child actor and I really never liked him. Nothing major though. Now this is a little more major, I do not like how some of the fighting scenes seemed kind of choreographed. I know they are, but this movie seems to have choreograph that I actually notice it. Another thing that kind of bothered me was that some scenes could be a bit confusing. Like (SPOILER ALERT) the gas that affects the people, well when the train with the microwave emitter went over the bridge and out of the narrows was that water vapor that went into the air contagious? It should be right, but people didn't seem to get infected by it.  Oh and one other thing there was this once scene that had really bad special effect. Just this one scene, rest of movie was great so why not this one scene? Just thought I would mention that.

Now though for the good things and INCREDIBLE things about this film. Well WOW. Chrisopher Nolan has been on my radar ever since I have seen this film. I love how he took this movie, he made it damn near perfect. I just absolutely love this film. Christian Bale does an OUTSTANDING performance as Bruce Wayne, and continues to pull it off for Batman. I hear that a lot of people hate his Batman voice, but really I love it a lot. It is just one of those voices that you got to love, which leads me to the rest of this cast within this film. Morgan Freeman was just amazing, and everyone (and I mean everyone) has got to love his voice. Liam Neeson does a great job as the villain in this film. Got to love him always. Along with Micheal Caine and Gary Oldman, they definitely steal the show as well. Then you have Katie Holmes as Batman's love interest, and I think she pulls it off nicely. The music in this film is great, good job Hans Zimmer, I most defiantly am going to have to get this score (haven't bought it yet for some odd reason). The plot of this film works great as a reboot. It flows just perfectly and it all seems to connect. To include the dialogue in this film was great too, it didn't seem to unnatural even with some scenes that could have that. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, literally wondering what will happen next. The action in this movie keeps you pumped and interested. It is just a great movie, and a great rebirth to a superhero franchise.

Well as you can guess that this movie is a 100% MUST SEE MOVIE. So make sure you buy it (on Blu-Ray) and watch it at home before you decide to go see "The Dark Knight Rises" this weekend. The rating I will have to give it is going to a 3.5/5. Yes now I know a lot of people think that is kind of low, but there were things that bothered me a tad bit, but otherwise INCREDIBLE. So make sure you go check it out.

Well thanks for reading. You are getting ever more close to becoming a "Motion Picture Buff" too. Make sure you spread the word about the blog though, to make sure I continue to do reviews and more. Every page view helps. Also make sure you stay tuned for my review of "The Dark Knight" which will be coming VERY soon (today sometime). This is all leading up to "The Dark Knight Rises" which I will have a review for you on Friday morning when I get home from the midnight premiere. Well again thanks for reading, and make sure you stay tuned for more reviews of films and information for the motion picture world.

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Freakin Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete