Friday, July 6, 2012

Up in the Air REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the motion picture starring George Clooney, "Up in the Air." This film follows the life of Ryan Bingham. Ryan's job is to fire people at random companies for bosses who don't have the guts to do it themselves. Ryan though isn't a very big people person. This film shows how he is starting to make a connection with people in his life. "Up in the Air" I am going to give this film a 7/10 rating. So shall we review this movie?

Well lets start with the positives of this film in this review today shall we? First of all I really did like this movie. I would so watch it again. George Clooney has the greatest voice. I have heard a lot of people don't really like his voice all that much, but not me I think he did a great job in this movie. Like he does in other films too. Vera Farmiga also had a very well performance along with the rest of the cast in this film. I really like the premise of this film, or basically what I mean is I like the meaning behind the movie. What they were trying to teach us in this film. The way the movie flowed was also very well done, as I say when I talk good about a movie, it seemed to connect logically. All the pieces of the puzzle were well put together in there right spots. The score of this film was also very enjoyable I thought. It didn't seem to intrude on the movie, unlike other films out there. The story of the film was okay, nothing terrible but I will be talking more about it in the next section of this review (so lost some points with it). I really did like the love story between George and Vera's characters. It was very well done, and they really did seem like they were in love, and it did not seem fake at all unlike other films. George and Vera seemed to have good chemistry.

Now for the negatives of this film that I have to tell you about. Now I know this should't be a big deal, but it annoyed me a bit. Anna Kendrick's crying after she told us her boyfriend broke up with her. Ugh it was no where near any good at all. It annoyed me and seemed WAY to forced, otherwise though I LOVED her in the film, just not that part. Now I said above I didn't like the story of the film that much right. Well what I didn't really like about it was the fact that it never really went anywhere really. I mean like it didn't seem like anything really changed. The end seemed to be like the beginning with Ryan. I mean you think he learned something on this journey we watch but does he really? It shows us good messages but in the end did the movie really accomplish anything? I dunno left me kinda mad so lost a some points for that.

All-in-all a very good movie with good life messages/lessons. Just not sure our character we watched learned them even though at one point we think he did. A good popcorn flick to watch one night if your in the mood for something inspirational.

Well thanks for reading again. If you have seen this movie leave a comment below about what you thought about the film. Now remember don't forget to keep checking back in here to see more reviews of motion pictures, or important motion picture information. You can subscribe by email so you will be emailed when I update the blog next. Again thanks for reading, and you are now one step closer to being a "Motion Picture Buff" too. So stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment: