Thursday, July 5, 2012

Perfect Sense REVIEW



The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the motion picture starring Eva Green and Ewan McGregor, "Perfect Sense." This film is follows the life of a chef and a scientist falling in love as diseases spread around the world killing off each one of our five senses, starting with our sense of smell. "Perfect Sense" deserves the rating that I give it, which is a 8/10. So lets talk about the one thing that really bothered me about this movie, and all the great things this movie had sneaked into it.

To start off lets talk about the one thing that really had bothered me about this movie. It was enough to lose two points for it. Well it has to do with the beginning of the film, but it wasn't how the film exactly started right away. After that though it seemed to slow down a bit, and take forever to pick up. When it did pick up though, it was like all of a sudden everyone had the disease. It never really explained where the disease came from or what really started all of this. Oh actually one other little thing was that I didn't like the camera angle when it was on Ewan's bike at the beginning of the film. Gave me a bit of a headache watching that.

Otherwise the rest of the movie I absolutely loved. I loved how real the movie seemed to be. Like they used images and videos of real people from all over the world in some scenes, and they just used them perfectly within the film. Like at the beginning when Eva Green was voiceovering with talking about life. They showed videos of real life people doing the things she was saying. I dunno I just really liked that I guess. They used this technique also within the film, like after everyone lost there sense of smell. She said that your sense of smell is directly related to memories, and so they showed images of real people. Just a really cool part of the film I liked I guess. The acting in this film was great, especially the two leads. Ewan and Eva seemed really believable, and they had amazing chemistry in this film. The rest of the cast was well picked for this film too. I really enjoyed and believed everyone's performance. Ewen Bremner played Ewan's character's coworker, and I really enjoyed him in this film. The story line of the film (screenplay/plot) was well put together. Like I always say, it just worked from the beginning to the end of the film. TALKING ABOUT THE END OF THE FILM though!!! Oh my god, I loved it! It really was one of the greatest ending I have seen for a film like this. I really actually wasn't made at the way this ended, sure there could be more explaining about after that but it worked great. The camera angles and direction of this film were good. I really did enjoy this film.

All-in-all this film was VERY good. Need a movie to watch with someone special? Well this movie is a perfect date night movie. It well deserves it's 8/10 rating I gave it. So make sure you go check it out sometime.

Well thanks for reading. If you have seen this movie though leave a comment below or email me HERE on what you thought about the film. You are getting ever more closer to becoming a "Motion Picture Buff" also. Just make sure you subscribe by email in the sidebar so you know when I upload another review or let you know about something important in the Motion Picture world. Oh and again thanks for reading and stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment: