Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Illusionist REVIEW


The "Motion Picture Buff" would like to present a review for the motion picture starring Edward Norton, "The Illusionist." This film is about a low-class boy who learns the tricks of illusions and falls in love with a high-class girl. Fifteen years after they were taken away from each other Eisenhiem (the Illusionist) returns and him and the girl (now women) are still in love, forbidden love. "The Illusionist" was a film that I had not known much about, plus I thought it was a different film. What happened was not what I had expected but it amazed me, so it will be receiving an 8/10 rating. So lets talk about another Must-See Film shall we?

Lets start with the negatives today shall we? There were only a few things I really didn't like, but nothing really major, just little things in this film. To start off, the beginning was a little confusing at first. They used a scene that would show up later on in the film, and then it flashed back to childhood. Then it went to a moderner time. I dunno I guess it was just the plot was a little hard to follow at some points, but it all made sense in the end. The other little things that had bothered me was the explanation at the end of what had ALL happened was done enough to make you understand, but I feel like it could have been a little bit better.

Now though the rest of this movie was just incredible. I so enjoyed all of the acting within this film. Paul Giamatti did an INCREDIBLE job as the detective I thought. I love him as an actor, and he defiantly gave a performance of his life in this film. Edward Norton isn't really my favorite actor, but in this film he did an outstanding job I believe. The rest of the cast also did perfect, it was a very well put together cast. The look and feel of this tone was amazing. I felt like I was back in the day. Who is the director of this film (searching . . .) oh it was Neil Burger. I think he did a job job with this film. The love story within this film was well done. Edward and Jessica Biel's chemistry was just amazing. I do like the story this movie told, it kept me very well interested and kept me watching the whole time. The ending was completely unexpected and was very good. I love a movie where they surprise you with the ending, makes a good film.

So all-in-all this film is 100% a "Must-See Film." It would work great for a popcorn flick one night, when you want something different. So make sure you check out, "The Illusionist" sometime soon.

Well thanks for reading, means a lot to me. Hope I made you decide to watch this film, I thought it was very good. If you have seen it leave a comment below on your thought. Now make sure you subscribe by email to know when I do another review. Should be more tomorrow. I hope you are enjoying my reviews. Make sure you watch out for my movie news to that I do once in awhile. You are though becoming closer to a "Motion Picture Buff" every time you read these posts. I hope you enjoy them and stay tuned for more . . .

The Motion Picture Buff

1 comment:

  1. Noah, I just wanted to tell you that there is some grammer errors! I just thought I would tell you! :)

    ReplyDelete